Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Interesting article

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2008 18:24
The article below is about how the performance of games can be affected by a detailed knowledge of the architecture of computer/system the game is written for. It uses the Xenon architecture of the Xbox 360 as an example. It's quite interesting to see how the three-core design of the Xenon lends to special types of optimizations.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3687/sponsored_feature_common_.php?page=1

My thought is this: would it be beneficial to learn the very basic principles of x86 assembly? I don't mean actually "learning" assembly, but finding a website or two that explains the basics of these things as they relate to C and C++.
Zuka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2008 00:14
Wuh?

I like Xbox programming because you can have great graphics without having to worry about poor peoples not being able to run it, because most poor peoples won't have an Xbox 360. No offense, poor peoplez.

If you can do any models for FW, reply to the FleetWars thread.

Click here!
Antigroup
Years of Service
User Offline
Im kind of a poor peoples and I have 360. It is much cheaper than upgrading to or buying a gaming PC.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 01:25:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 01:25:41