Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Question on puzzle game I am creating on what is best...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Question on puzzle game I am creating on what is best. First off the whole Idea is you can't escape exept to small rooms with the hint for the puzzle the door to leave is a locked door and the door won't open without solving the puzzle.

Here is what is suposed to happen puzzle not solved door does not open. Here is what happens puzzle is NOT SOlved door opens a crack then stops.

Should I just leave it like that or try to get it so it won't even open? Also I have some doors that open into small rooms that will give a hint to the puzzle. Now if I don't use those doors and just have it be a open door way without a door that leads to the hint rooms then the locked doors won't even start to open when they are still locked. So here is what I am asking should I

1. Leave it be.
2. Don't use doors to the hint rooms just have it a open door way without doors.
3. Keep the doors to the hint rooms and make it so the locked doors don't even open at all not even a crack.

IMPORTANT ANOTHER QUESTION.

Now seconed question. For my First Puzzle I have three small spheres that I treat like buttons. They are positioned in a wall so you can see just a part of them. The picture attached shows them. Any way I have it so if dbMouseX()<363&&dbMouseX>310 ect. Then the button changes. The numbers are what I origional got for the first button problem with that is if I move that number changes and when the mouse is over that button it now is different. What do you think would be a more officient way to do that? Oh and forgive me of my spelling.

The quality of what a man gives without seeking anything in return shows his integrity.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
elantzb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2008 23:34
hmmm?
Dragon Tiger Wolf Bald Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Please Answer Please

The quality of what a man gives without seeking anything in return shows his integrity.
elantzb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 05:14
Quote: "Here is what is suposed to happen puzzle not solved door does not open. Here is what happens puzzle is NOT SOlved door opens a crack then stops. "

what's the difference between these two conditions?

and as for your mouseover, would clicking be more efficient?
Years of Service
User Offline
To answer you First the difference is the door does open a crack even if the puzzle is not solved. Wich is fine I am just getting peoples opinion weather they think I should make it not even open a crack or just leave it.

Now for the seconed question I do have it so they have to click. By doing if dbMouseclick()==1 then I have if cordinates are exectra. Problem is if I come at it at a different angle the corrdinates are different what is the best way to make it so it only works if I click on the button no matter what angle I am at?

elantzb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2008 09:28
if it opened a crack, that would imply that the puzzle may be almost solved, but not completely.

maybe you can check the x and y coordinates of the mouse to that of your circles? just make sure you're close enough to the circles.
Years of Service
User Offline
Your seconed comment about making sure the mouse corrdinates are close enough to the circles. I did if mousex()<456&&mouseX()>400 exectra for both x and y of each circle the problem with that is if I come at it from the side then the mouseX is now different and that corridinate is off. So knowing this show me some code of how you would do as you said check the x and y corrd. of mouse are close to sphere? please and thanks.

Oh and a guy was making a X-wing style game where can I download that if its legall

elantzb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2008 00:00
i dont know how DGDK does 3D, but I think you could test dbMouseX() and dbMouseY() to the x and y coordinates of your circles, rather than the exact numbers of 456 and 400.
elantzb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2008 00:01 Edited at: 26th Jun 2008 00:02
Quote: "Oh and a guy was making a X-wing style game where can I download that if its legall"

this it?

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=107303&b=8
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes that is thanks and the buttons are not circles they are Spheres. they are 3D so they use 3D space where in the mouse uses 2D space so comparing that still doesn't work. The only Idea I had that might actually work is to make a 3D sphere and have it move only within the screens view then I can use it by if cursor sphereX <=buttonX+15 &&cursorsphereX>=buttonX-15 exectra that should work. the hardest part is keeping the sphere in the area of the screen. meaning If I am looking at one wall the cursor sphere may be all the way at the end of the room wich is not in view of the screen.

elantzb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2008 02:43
Years of Service
User Offline
Is this

written for Dark GDK or Dark Basic? I need it for Dark GDK To use so A person can click on a small object I am using as a button and have it pressed.

Mahoney
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2008 20:13
I think I just told you. It's C++!
Years of Service
User Offline
Then please tell me what header files are needed to make it work in C++ Like windows.h or more then that?

dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2008 21:04
d3dx9math.h and DarkGDK.h, didn't you look at where you got it from? Or search for some of these structs?

SunDawg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 05:34
I suspect he may not well understand English.

My site, for various stuff that I make.
Years of Service
User Offline
he messaged me thanks and someone must he or a friend sence his game is also in english.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 01:24:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 01:24:59