Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Eh? What did I do wrong?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 14:28
I've been banned from the realgametools forum, what hell did i do wrong? I emailed Guy yesterday with a grovelling letter, although i am slightly confused as to why i'm banned.

The only reason I can think of is that i logged in at a friends house and left my user name and password on his PC, so he may have gone on a demented rampage and slanderised my name...

Does anyone happen to know why i'm banned? as for now, i'll peruse these forums and spam them with my models.

Manic
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 14:56
no, sorry, but we could use some good sapm... I mean models around here.

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Get the DB Weekly Newsletter at www.dbwn.cjb.net
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 15:37
hummm

Did Guy respond?

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
I went outside once and my FPS rate dropped to 5.
Manic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 15:38
nope, not yet

I don't have a sig, live with it.
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 23:48
wierd with a beard

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2002 03:38
hahaa... (^_^) your right we could do with some extra spa-models about here

noticed how GuyS is slowly but surely banning everyone, like the third guy i've heard about this week

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2002 03:39
hahaa... (^_^) your right we could do with some extra spa-models about here

noticed how GuyS is slowly but surely banning everyone, like the third guy i've heard about this week

however - if anyone remembers, i happen to still be on a temporary ban... or rather "asked not to participate for a while"
and where am i 4months later, not in RGT

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2002 05:15
lol

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2002 05:17
I didn't even bother with RGT... it just wasn't the same at the time... I was under the impression that those were temporary forums, and the real ones would be back up in like a week or a month. LOL, I should have known
Now that I hear about all the problems though, I'm kinda glad.

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2002 07:29
lol... i'm still not sure what i was actually banned for, i know i was the only member to actually be voted upon leaving - and it was pretty soon after that upstart simple arrived ... the actual reasons and time blah blah, weren't revealed to me!

found it quite funny, where GuyS sent me an email telling me to think about what i've done but never told me
heard there we're alot of complaints about how i reviewed people 3d work - but then again i never told anyone thier work was pure crap, even when all it was happened to be a simple box with a really sensless textures on it - always gave advice in a post blah blah...

well screw em

Manic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2002 18:50
yeah, i got sick of the really crap models (no offense everyone) and then people following it up with really half-arsed crits.
At least i knew where i was with your crits, although it was a bit disheartening at times, but what can i say, i'm a better modeller for it.

ah i could bitch about the media forums all day...

as for guy emailing me - not yet, still waiting to find out why...

don't spose anyone wants to present my case on the RGT forums and expose Guy for the scoundrel he is?

Manic

GuySavoie
Years of Service
User Offline
Manic -

I'm sorry, but I can't find any emails from you. I don't know your email address, but I just looked through, and cannot find one related to the issue.

I just checked, and the IP you have been using is the same IP used by two brand new accounts created on Oct. 27th, (Neo_Vortex and Lifehalved) to log in and post profanity laced attacks against the work of others and DB itself. The other moderators were right in banning the IP and those accounts.

The problem is, it's from the same IP you have right now. It's not from the IP at your friend's house, whatever that may be. If you would like to email me about the issue, please send it to guy@nmisoftware.com. You say you were at a friend's house, but it's your IP where the posts originated.

As for Vegeta's comments, I know he likes to make up facts and forget details. He was banned because:

1) He repeatedly attempted to tell people what to post and what not to post.
2) He repeatedly chastised other members for using 3D terminology he did not consider standard, claiming that anyone dedicated to "the art" agrees with him, and all those who disagree are amateurs.

I asked him repeatedly, both in public forum posts and private messages, to leave people alone.

He told me via private message (paraphrased) that if I did not like his attitude, it was too bad, he was not going to change, and wasn't going to explain.

Ultimately, it was his public post that motivated the moderators to vote on banning him. He wrote, on the forums, "If you feel I have been out of order to someone, then lock the thread to prevent others from responding and put me on a ban for it!"

He has since sent me ultimatums via email, etc. *rolls eyes*

Alas, I've wasted more time on the topic than I originally intended.

I'm a scoundrel because the RGT moderators banned an IP where immature profanity based attacks originated? *sigh*

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2002 01:28
For what it's worth, I ban and delete user accounts here if they do nothing but post profantiy and/or slander - and no, they don't get the benefit of the doubt or any time to explain, sorry but the post says it all. So I'm with Guy 100% on this one (whoever was the cause of it)

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2002 01:37
you know i posted honest comments on everything...
as i explain in posts with terminology it is extremely annoying to have people use a term which is incorrect for what they are asking of, especially when media available to them contradicts them - and you damn'd well know that as well!
the only post i ever said shouldn't be there was simples tutorial post which disgraceful and that is the best term i can give it... someone who has been modelling for a mere 2weeks believes that he can teach everyone else howto do it when his models and techniques were flawed and there has been no improvement in his attitude NOR ablities since.

what has been commmented alot outside of the forum is there is a nitch of user who seem to be allowed to run wild in your forums no matter what they do! whereas some others have been banned and put down because you won't listen to what they have to say ... it seems the only way your attention is ever truely grabbed is by someone who is able to make themselves noticed or by pure profinity!

i'm still not happy about what you have done to my little brother, and perhaps there will be a follow up to what i have said will happen ... but to be honest i can't afford to right now - and it would have been pushing doing it back then as well, especially as all that was wanted was a stupid apology from YOU!

you are becomming less and less liked due to the tactics you are using against users - especially with the very little backup until you just do something major.
when i told you to bann me i didn't mean for you guys to take a stupid vote on it ... nor for it to be something perminant ... nor simple suggest i left for a while!

the point in keeping order is allowing people time out to cool of, simply kickin' them will just enrage them more!
start small and then gather up ... however also you should ban yourself - because at the center of every flame war there you were adding your 2cents ... your just as guilty as myself as protesting your way is "the" way. Especially in matters of Lightwave if my memory serves me correct, because one bad word about it set you off!

So really don't try to play up like your some big man in all of this. Becuase you're just as guilty as the rest of us and just as childish :p

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2002 01:38
Don't worry Guy, I understand your position completely. Raven and Maniac should not be slandering you, if what you say is true. It is their fault, they brought it upon themselves.

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Manic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2002 15:10
Guy: Thanks for looking at this, i sent the email to "support@realgametools.com" I guess it must not have got there.
I have nothing to do with the two accounts created that you mentioned, i have nothing against DB, its users and actually like the community. I'll email you and give you more details.

Rapscallion: i have never had any wish or need to slanderise Guy and i resent that comment on the basis it is against my character.

I've had an excellent record on the RGT forums, and have never posted a personally offensive post about anyone, or anyones work.

Oh, and i only meant scoundrel in a joking sense, that certainly isn't an attack, lets face it, i'm not in position to make smart arse comments.

Manic

GuySavoie
Years of Service
User Offline
I've since figured this out with Manic. No harm, no foul. He's always been a productive fellow on RGT, and I'm happy to get it straightened out.

--- Guy

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2002 22:46
Quote = "expose Guy for the scoundrel he is"

I take that as slander. But we are both right, because in the UK you scoundrel probably isn't an insult. It's more of an insult in Canada. But I do take back my comment for you, and apolegise.

My comment on Raven Vegeta stands, but it isn't changed to "not being very nice"

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2002 22:46
sorry, I meant to say it IS changed to "not being very nice"

NEED AN EDIT BUTTON!

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2002 00:12
Nice or not if you ever get a chance to review over any of the topics where I've been accused of things notice how GuyS was always there ALSO trying to make out that he was right end of story...

Not gonna back down on this - as well ya'll should know!
I personally can't believe that you think that Guy isn't really in the same boat as he is just and guilty - more so cause he is suppose to be setting an example and quelshing such flame wars rather than getting in there with a can of petrol.

whether that makes me seem nice or not you can't ignore the enfuriating double standard set within that forum...
and don't think it is just me who has this kinda opinion, i'm just the only one who ever had the balls to actually type it out for all to see.

Manic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2002 18:01
yeah, i didn't really think about trans-alantic interpretations, in the UK its more of a joke than an insult

anyway, this whole things been resolved now and everyones happy.

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2002 23:07
well, your entitled to your own opinion, and I won't speak for you seeing as I wasn't there.

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2002 06:29
yeah... well i didn't think he was serious... just needed to get what i said off my chest - still peeves me off

scoundral is like scamp or mischief maker
my grandma always used to call me a "cheeky monkey", god i miss hearing that

Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2002 07:16
my grandma used to call me "budak comel" !

MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Snake? What happened?
Snake?
Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!! - Colonel Roy Campbell
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2002 16:54
?

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion