Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Created hand To use as cursor now how to add it so I can.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Created hand To use as cursor now how to add it so I can use it in the game. It says this

Values 2 to 31 are custom cursors that can be specified in the project media section and selected with this command.

But I am not sure exactly how to do that. Some help would be nice Please

The quality of what a man gives without seeking anything in return shows his integrity.
programing maniac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 03:19
Quote: "dbChangeMouse
This command will change the cursor that belongs to the mouse pointer. A value of zero uses the applications arrow cursor and a value of one will use the hourglass cursor. Values 2 to 31 are custom cursors that can be specified in the project media section and selected with this command.
"

This is from the information thing. I think this explains it all.

Your signature has been erased by a mod - 120 high maximum please
Codger
Years of Service
User Offline
i would look into turning the mouse cursor off and replacing it with a sprite at the mousex, mousey locations. That will give you greater flexibility

System
MacBook Pro
Windows XP Home on Boot Camp
Dragon Tiger Wolf Bald Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
That works thanks. If you would also please enlighten me on how to change the mouse cursor the Project media dbChangeMouse(); Exectra way please. Best way to know for sure it will work is to do it yourself then explain how thanks

The quality of what a man gives without seeking anything in return shows his integrity.
SunDawg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2008 22:45
That documentation is unconverted from DBPro. Within the IDE, you could specify .cur or .bmp files to use as cursors, information about which would be stored the in the project file, and could then be used with 'change mouse'. This does not apply to VC++ or the GDK. As far as I know, all you can do with dbChangeMouse is go from the pointer to a waiting cursor. (the hourglass)

My site, for various stuff that I make.
jinzai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2008 23:02
You would use it by first loading it using the user32 function LoadImage, then setting it using the user32 function, SetCursor

The HINSTANCE needed for LoadImage can be gotten from GlobStruct, it is hInstance.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 01:23:19
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 01:23:19