Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Mod Help Please

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=130653&b=21&p=1

KeithC, Lee, can I have a mod or someone look at my last post. I've added information that verifies that I've purchased Lyte:FX.

Can someone help me?
Jo Jo Monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
I've waited 5 months, working on 6. I'm tired of waiting. This is insulting. Butters site is back up and I've asked for a refund for both of my purchases. If I get no response in a day, by tomorrow I will post that Butters has stolen my money all over the boards.
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 19:31
You must realize that the mods have nothing to do with your transaction. So there's not much they can, nor should they do.

That being said, personally I would not allow people to advertise or use the board to support any business transaction if you are not conducting yourself professionally.

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 20:06
I'm very sorry to hear about this.

Butter Fingers hasn't been on these forums for some time so if your not having any luck reaching him via his website / email then you've every right to complain.

I don't think your the first to have this problem with LyteFX either.

Your best bet is to report this to Paypal so you can get a refund and the link taken offline. In Paypal disputes there is an arbitration process where both seller and buyer have a chance to give their side of the story. If butter fingers doesn't respond you'll get your refund, if he does you'll get your download.

Perhaps if you can provide an email screenshot with proof of purchase (excluding any sensitive information) a mod will allow one of us to upload it for you.

I think you'll probably be advised to report this to paypal though.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 20:30
Quote: "Butter Fingers hasn't been on these forums for some time so if your not having any luck reaching him via his website / email then you've every right to complain."

he posted a topic about a week ago somewhere in the WIP forums for DBP...

SOTA Engine
Purchase
Source and Non Source versions available!
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 21:07
Quote: "he posted a topic about a week ago somewhere in the WIP forums for DBP..."

Jo Jo Monkey, I see you've already mentioned this in Butters most recent thread. It's been about 1 week since his original post now so I would keep an eye on it and post again as soon as he's updated it if he doesn't address your question.

If he doesn't I would take this seriously and email a mod directly to have the LyteFX and Butter Cutter threads locked and contact paypal to get a refund of course.

Maybe if he isn't replying in the FPSC forums or website contact information he'll take a bit more notice of someone posting in his DBP threads.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=131781&b=5

Like I said if you can get mod permission and provide them with proof of purchase the sensible thing would be to get one of them to send it to you as I'm sure you'd rather just get the product now rather than wait for a refund whenever that may be.
xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Or a mod could possibly email him... I'd bet that he'd pay more attention to a mod than anyone else.
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2008 02:16
Even though he has paid and shown proof (poor guy has paid for 2 copies too) no-one can send it to him...

I'm pretty sure he's past the limit for getting his money back via a paypal dispute (I think you have 60 days from the date of transaction in order to get your money back)... but, hopefully, paypal will remove the links and stop anyone else from having problems...

[center]
Jo Jo Monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2008 02:18 Edited at: 24th Jun 2008 16:32
I've tried to go through Paypal to get my $40 dollars back, but unfortunately, anything over 40 days is considered case closed. So, Butters got my $40 dollars and I got nothing.

UPDATE:

I've started a formal petition which can be found here:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=132142&b=24

I give up!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 03:18:37
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 03:18:37