Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / [6.9] Loop music doesn't work without sync

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 19:22 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2008 19:25
I've tested this with music files of .wma, .wav, and .mp3 with the same results. Use any music to test this, but I attached a short loop to make it easier to test.

This works as intended:

These don't, they only play the music once:

This example shows that the music won't play again unless sync in called:

Los Mineros are back in progress!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 19:28 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2008 19:30

Unusually, this also works, even when I never touch the spacebar!

Even stranger, this works properly as well:

dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2008 05:45
Not sure if you can really call this a bug, your last example works because sync does get called, unless I'm mistaken, just you have no control over when. The same goes for 3D animation.. and uhh animation, DBP has to update these things sometime, and the programmer won't always use a do/loop loop, so it's quite logical to store the update code in the sync command, saves the hassle of writing sync, sync music, sync animation etc(hypothetically), as most games will have a sync in there at the end of each loop.

BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2008 17:13 Edited at: 24th Jun 2008 17:14
Ah, I see, just one of those things that needs to be added to the help files so people like me know about them.

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 18th Aug 2010 14:14
I don't think so. I think this ought to be classed as a bug. It seems daft to me that sounds and music should be treated differently.

The following snippet illustrates what appear to be two slightly different problems:

The first snippet only plays the music once (after about 2 seconds):

If you either comment out the first line (so syncing takes place behind the scenes) or uncomment the sync in the main loop then the sound loops for about 2 seconds as intended after an initial delay of 2 seconds.

The second problem is that play music prevents the sound being replayed even when it has stopped playing and DBPro says it isn't playing - you need to manually stop the music first. This problem is well known. I really can't see that this is intended behaviour. Just uncomment the play music line to see this - it seems to be unrelated to the sync problem.

I attach the music file I used but any short file would do as well.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 00:01:26
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 00:01:26