Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Texture Issue

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 22:48
Greetings all,

I am currently trying to make a 2.5D engine for my RPG using the Dark GDK but I've hit a road block in that the texture I put onto a 2D plane object (a plane made in 3D space) blurs with the backdrop color around the colored part of the character texture (where the transparency meets the pixels) I put on it.

To see what I mean, check out the attachment to this post.

Anyone got any ideas on how I can remove the blur because I really don't want to abandon my work or use just 2D sprites.

Cheers.

/Ludo

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 23:42
I'm guessing, 'cause I'm not totally sure I understand what you're pointing out, that it's some degree of anti-aliasing going on when the object is rendered. If there's any way to turn off anti-aliasing you might give it a try. However, by doing so you'd likely end up with the borders of the image looking more jaggedy, even inside the image.

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office
Ludo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2008 01:34
What's to miss, there is a load of blue around the character in the image I attached to my post? You don't think that's an error? O_o

Anyway, I’ve fixed it by making a sprite and aligning its position to the position of the plane marker (see attached image). Although now I can't use 3D lighting effects as the images will be sprites, not planes. On the upside I can still use a 3D moveable camera, zoom once I've gotten sprite to plane marker scaling sorted out and all the other movement based 3D effects while replicating lighting effects using 2D sprites which cover the entire screen.

Cheers.

/Ludo

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Jonas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2008 13:29
load image filename$,1 might help. The "1" loads the image for texture use without compression, thereby saving it's pixel perfect quality. But I'll assume you've already tried this as I'm not on a computer I can test it on.

P4 3.4ghz/2gb RAM (+PF=24gb)/GeForce 6200 A-LE 256meg AGP8x (Altered for 16pipelines, 768mb forced TurboCache-ish)/WinXP Pro/74gb WDRaptor(SATA,OS)/3x 200gb WDCaviar(IDE)/250gb WDCaviar SE16(SATA)
dbGamerX
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "load image filename$,1 might help. The "1" loads the image for texture use without compression, thereby saving it's pixel perfect quality. But I'll assume you've already tried this as I'm not on a computer I can test it on."

Hmm? Am I sensing DarkBasic stuff here?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 01:38:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 01:38:06