Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / anti-alias

Author
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
new darkbasic pro 6.9 update has AA commands when opening screens etc..

is there some way to have AA in DGDK, as it seems that the hope for ever seeing an update is very remote...
Mahoney
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2008 18:23
I hope. But, for know, we'll just have to edit our driver settings and force it.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
edit driver setting manually?
or you can set them through your code?
Mahoney
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2008 21:29
You can force anti-aliasing with your driver settings.
david w
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2008 00:07
you can do AA with GDK but you have to use the native DX commands to get it working. Good luck.
Sephnroth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2008 00:23
How, please tell?

I was under the impression directX enabled AA through present parameters passed when creating the d3d device - the recreation of which seems to REALLY upset DGDK.

Have you made it work?

Jonas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2008 03:18
DX9 is a tangled mess of dlls and the sdk is a clueless maze of functions and libraries. I'm still trying to figure this crap out, but C++ isn't my specialty... yet. If I figure it out though, I'll post the header. Why doesn't M$ document their crap a little better?

P4 3.4ghz/2gb RAM (+PF=24gb)/GeForce 6200 A-LE 256meg AGP8x (Altered for 16pipelines, 768mb forced TurboCache-ish)/WinXP Pro/74gb WDRaptor(SATA,OS)/3x 200gb WDCaviar(IDE)/250gb WDCaviar SE16(SATA)
dbGamerX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2008 04:39 Edited at: 25th Jun 2008 04:42
Quote: "How, please tell?

I was under the impression directX enabled AA through present parameters passed when creating the d3d device - the recreation of which seems to REALLY upset DGDK.

Have you made it work?"

The DirectX SDK's come with great samples. I browse through them when I can't find a DGDK function that will replicate what I am looking for. Take a look at some DGDK samples (hopefully this is the one you're looking for):
C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX SDK (August 2007)\Samples\C++\Direct3D\AntiAlias

Beware, though, the samples are loaded with junk. You will need to spend time figuring out how the antialias is even made in the first place. The bad part is that they show antialias on cubes, spheres, pictures, sprites, windows buttons etc! It's annoying and a tangled up mess.

Quote: "DX9 is a tangled mess of dlls and the sdk is a clueless maze of functions and libraries."

They do have a lot of samples though!

Quote: "I'm still trying to figure this crap out, but C++ isn't my specialty..."

You mean the SDK? You won't have a fun time, guaranteed- unless you like figuring out 3D math calc for hours on end!

Quote: "Why doesn't M$ document their crap a little better?"

I wouldn't call it crap at all. Well, their documents are crap, but DX is NOT crap. Microsoft is the one giving us DGDK for free. And they are the one who made DirectX and made it possible for all those great games like Halo 3 to exist. That's worth it. Seconded on crappy documentation though.

Jonas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2008 09:06
Not at all. I agree, DirectX is definately NOT crap. And yes I am talking about the SDK . But m$dn doesn't have much in the way of documentation when it comes to their lirbaries. The maths I can handle pretty well.

Maybe you know of a better resource than m$dn? I'm about to call a friend to start helping me with DX if I can't decrypt this stuff. But I'd rather not bother him if someone here can help.

Also, do you mean the samples on m$dn? There are a lot of them, but their quality and depth into the subject could be greater.

P4 3.4ghz/2gb RAM (+PF=24gb)/GeForce 6200 A-LE 256meg AGP8x (Altered for 16pipelines, 768mb forced TurboCache-ish)/WinXP Pro/74gb WDRaptor(SATA,OS)/3x 200gb WDCaviar(IDE)/250gb WDCaviar SE16(SATA)
dbGamerX
Years of Service
User Offline
M$DN is OK for some things, horrible for others. They are good with VB or C# code examples. They barely have any C++ related ones when it comes to the .NET framework. I can understand your pain- the SDK documentation is just horribly made. They probably hired a low-budget person to document this stuff.

sydbod
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2008 17:17
If some one should find a solution then PLEASE post it here.
Many of us would dearly love to know.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I believe there is no easy solution around this problem unless we get to see the updates reflected in DBpro 6.9, which I doubt will happen any time soon.

Even DarkPhysx a product which you have to buy takes ages to see a little update...
Mahoney
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2008 20:38
They really need to devote a little more time to the GDK. v.v

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 01:25:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 01:25:20