Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / newbie Questions - please help!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am about to buy the FPS Creator product and wondered if anyone could answer any of these quetsion firsdt please;

1) What model format can be imported?
2) Can advanced scripted be setup (eg: NPC quest givers much like a MMOPRG)
3) What version of the engine was 'Beyond Life' and 'ELE' created in?
4) Can outdoor environments be created, if so how big? (Planet size)
5) What's the maximum level size?
6) Can you persistant teleport between levels (eg: keep your items, enemies stay unspawned, spawned, etc..)

Thanks,

Neil
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2008 19:13
1) FPSC uses x. format models.
2) To some extent. There are some great coders in the community who are scripting more advanced attack patterns and allies, etc. But notions of an MMORPG will get you a shiv in the face round here.
3) They were made in the regular FPSC, not X10.
4) I believe FPSC has a 40x40x20 grid. (The latter being the vertical limit.) One room segment fits into one grid, so you can make fairly big levels. Again, don't expect anything on the scale of oblivion or even Halo. Outdoor environs generally don't work out well.
5) See above.
6) No. You keep ammunition and weapons between levels, but it's linear progression.

So it sounds like you want to make an open-world RPG, huh? Well, good luck. You're better off learning to program in DBPro, because FPSC wasn't made with RPG's in mind. However, there are things like shop and money systems made by the community as well as some medieval/fantasy media. But don't expect a great deal out of it. If nothing else, you may want to try RPG Maker XP. (Or the new 3D version.)

If it feels good, it's a sin.
xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2008 20:28 Edited at: 24th Jun 2008 20:28
1. .X Models generally.

2. Yes and no. While making an MMO is far beyond the scope of FPSC, it is 100% possible to script NPC characters that give quests, especially with the advent of variables in Ply's Mod or the 1.09 update.

3. Like Pus in Boots said, they were made in FPSC X9. However, both games, especially ELE required TONS of work.

4. Again, Pus in Boots is right. However, Ply's Mod allows for nonlinear gameplay by adding a nextlevel function where one can specify what level is to be played next.

5. Again, 40x40x20.

6. Yes, with Ply's Mod RPG-style games are possible.

Hope this helps!
Spyhunter
Years of Service
User Offline
Great, although is Ply Mod's downloadable yet?
I couldn't find a link.

Also, is the latest FPS Creator X9? I mean the normal version before X10?
Spyhunter
Years of Service
User Offline
i know this is somewhat off topic but is 3D Game Creator or even X-Quad Editor a better game creation for this type of 'Quest' based 3D RPG?

I looked at DarkBasic but I believe you need programming skills to get any real effect of out that package?

I'm looking for an easy to use, click and create type engine/editor?
Spyhunter
Years of Service
User Offline
yet another question about FPS - can you change the player control keys? especially to use mouse controls?
Goodman84
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2008 10:05 Edited at: 28th Jun 2008 10:06
yes After you build your game edit your Ini File

EDIT: Or just change it in the build Settings lol dah!

hey
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2008 13:20
3D Game maker is rubbish. Dont get it. You cant make commercial quality games with it, just a tiny scene with pre-scripted badly animated enemies and no alternative scripting.

The Simon Cowell of TGC.
Shadow Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2008 17:27
Quote: "i know this is somewhat off topic but is 3D Game Creator or even X-Quad Editor a better game creation for this type of 'Quest' based 3D RPG?

I looked at DarkBasic but I believe you need programming skills to get any real effect of out that package?

I'm looking for an easy to use, click and create type engine/editor? "

No, The 3D Gamemaker is a peice of trash whatever you do don't buy it. There are no scripting capabilities and it is not possible at all to do RPGs ETC, I have made the mistake of buying, and am telling you don't buy it.

I'm not sure about x-quad.

FPS Creator can do good things, escpecially with mods and the migration version round the corner, you may soon be able to make RPGs but not atm. I hope you make a good decsion on what to buy.

-Shadow Blade

Spyhunter
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks for the comments.

I have just bought FPS Creator and dowloaded a heap of free decals, etc..

Here's to gaming...

Although has anyone produced a QUEST like script as of yet?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 03:18:20
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 03:18:20