Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / Not Far From the Willow Tree [New Song]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2008 17:29
Hmmm... I don't know I am going to summarize this piece.. lol

It is my longest song so far. Obviously, the title is 'Not Far From the Willow Tree'. The lead instrument is a bassoon, one of my favorite instruments for video game compositions (Up there with piano and bass ) My goal here was to make a longer song and actually somewhat have an intro and ending

So give it a listen and COMMENT!! lol

-Dan

http://Freewebs.com/noobisoft
Come to Noobisoft's website today!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2008 23:59
Actually, it seems that you have two bassoons
The song is not bad, but like in some of your earliest songs, I once again hear some parts that don't quite fit together (for instance at 1:00 where the high woodwind arpeggio comes in and distorts the main lead at points. You should maybe try to change some of the arpeggio's notes and also set it's volume a bit lower).

I didn't hear the ending though?

By the way, that was a pretty nice bassoon sound.

"I kören hörs de brummande busarna Björnligan och Gondolen"
Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2008 01:56
Haven't I seen you from somewhere before?

Ah yes, you're one with the recent threads. Aren't you pushing it?

I mean, it would be OK to post like crazy if you're handing out tracks for everyone to use royalty free, but you haven't explicitly said anything about that though as far as I know.

This message was brought to you by Grandma industries.

Making yesterdays games, today!
da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2008 03:26
@Rudolpho- There are actually two bassoons used later in the song, but for the background, it is just one Thanks for the comment

@Grandma- You mean posting a license? And I am trying to get as much practice as possible, thus making as many songs as possible. One or two a day is my limit

-Dan

Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2008 10:22
I believe Grandma might be hinting at the fact that you almost seem to produce for the sake of producing, pushing songs everyday.
Now, there doesn't need to be anything wrong with that, as long as you're happy with them, but usually, writing a "good" (no offence, I don't mean that your songs aren't, just that they might get better if-) song takes quite a deal of time and thought.
I've been writing on my latest song for about two weeks now and that's far from the longest time it has ever taken me to compose.

If you think it would make your songs better, you could always try to think it through several times, both before and after finishing a passage, instead of just slapping something together and thinking "hey, that works" - it's always better with "hey, this is great!". Again I point out the fact that I have no idea whether or not you already work like this, and as long as you might be able to get the songs to sound as you want them in a day or less, that's just a great asset for you.

"I kören hörs de brummande busarna Björnligan och Gondolen"
da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2008 16:51
I see I will try that for my next song

-Dan

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 10:19:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 10:19:33