Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Problem loading mdl

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I`m trying to use DarkGDK with some levels i created in 3d Game Studio, after finishing the level in 3dgs i`ve exported the level in mdl format but when i try to load it in the project i get an debug error that the program made a break and the program stops.

Can anyone help me ? thanks.
programing maniac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2008 01:58
Try exporting into a different format, darkGDK might not support .mdl.

jinzai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2008 02:13 Edited at: 27th Jun 2008 02:14
MDL is supported.

Its your loading code, which is making an incorrect assumption about the program's current working directory. It is either Release or Debug, and not the project directory.

You can detect this type of thing yourself by making sure that the object loaded using dbObjectExist, and providing a message to that effect.

You can easily verify what I've said by moving the executable into the project directory. If your code is correct, it will work after you move the executable, and spawn THAT executable manually.
The Real Abaddon
Years of Service
User Offline
Well here is my code, it`s simple and so to be sure i will not make a mistake i copied the lines from tutorials(lol) but still same problem

The folder ierarchy is:
Project
| |
Debug Media

I`ve moved the exe file in the folder Project but still it gives me an error and the program closes.

Here is the error that vc++ gives me:

Also had exported the level into two more formats that 3dgs supports ase and 3ds(3d max) both unfortunately didn't load, but the window stayed up with no error just a blank screen and program freezed. Tried also moving the exe in the Project folder.
The Real Abaddon
Years of Service
User Offline
So i`ve made a little experiment:
i added

and put a wrong path to the object, the window was black and a text appeard "Doesn't Exist", after that i`ve put the good path to the object and the screen errored with

I`m sure there`s a problem with DGDK handling mdl files, anyone knows how to solve this ?
The Real Abaddon
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok so i`ve found the problem, i use 3d Game Studio A7 and it export only in mdl7(.mdl) and DarkGDK supports only mdl2&3 and maybe 5, the problem is when i convert it to mdl5 using med(modeling utility from 3dgs) the texture where it suposed to be and can't rearange it all because is a really big level.

Anyone knows a solution to load mdl7 into DarkGDK ? thanks
The Real Abaddon
Years of Service
User Offline
I found this http://server.conitec.net/down/mdl7.zip but i don't know how to implement it in dark gdk, can someone give me a hint or give me a tutorial on how-to ?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 01:29:03
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 01:29:03