Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Using FPSCreator as a Level Editor - Different in 1.09

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So, I was reading BatVinks tutorial back in Feb 2006 and it was helpful, except that now there is no folder 'texturebank' created when I build the game.

All the other folders are there except for 'texturebank'. Now this presents a serious problem when loading the level into a dbpro project because there are no textures on the 'univers.dbo'.

Also, there is a new file named 'imageblock.bin'. Now I was wondering if this new file is actually where all the textures are being stored? If that is true, then is there a way to retrieve those textures out of the 'imageblock.bin' file?

NOTE: I am using FPSCreator x9 version 1.09. And DBPro 6.6.

Visit my website:
http://www.artistsareus.com
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2008 09:02
imageblock.bin does exactly that. Blocks the images. You can ask Lee to add in (if he hasn't already done so. I don't know. I don't mind it) the ability to turn it off, but other than that, I don't think you can.

Gunn3r Games
Bad Monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, this could be good news and bad news. It's good news to developers because now their files are encrypted directly from fpsc. But it's bad news to pheonix sentry and vishnu (those are file encryptors) because they are no longer necessary for file encryption.

I'm personally glad for the encryption, but I would like to have the ability to turn it on and off.

Visit my website:
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2008 09:59 Edited at: 27th Jun 2008 10:05
You can turn it off... I can't remember how, however... sorry... but I think it's in the 1.09 thread somewhere... I'll go and have a look and post the link/how to do it...

Unless someone posts before I find it saying how to do it

EDIT
From 109 thread
Quote: "* Added new IMAGEBLOCKMODE to SETUP.INI. Set to 1 use image block feature"

So I guess setting this to 0 in SETUP.INI will turn it off

[center]
Bad Monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2008 18:35 Edited at: 27th Jun 2008 19:15
That works, thanks thraxas!

EDIT: Ok, so now the texturebank folder exports when the game is built, but the level still isn't showing up correctly in the dbpro project. The walls are invisible, and most of the floor textures aren't working.

I tried the original fpsc release, and everything worked fine. All the folders and textures appeared correctly in the dbpro game. So basically, the newer version of fpsc is no longer compatible as a level editor.

Visit my website:
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2008 19:21
I doubt it matters though, you dont get any level building features in these updates anyway. If you just want 1.09 for the store, install normal fpsc to one directory, and the store fpsc to another.

The Simon Cowell of TGC.
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2008 19:59
Weird, I got it working fine...

Your signature has been erased by a mod
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2008 22:39
Quote: "But it's bad news to pheonix sentry and vishnu"

They offer more than just encryption.

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2008 22:40
I haven't tried the newest versions myself yet, but one of the issues I keep running into is that not all Textures seem to be transferred to the game folder. I have had to manually copy them over myself. It's a pain but it works. Of course, that may or may not be the problem you are having. Inspire said his is working fine so perhaps . . . ?

Anyway, try it out on only a level created with FPSC stock models and see if that works 100%. If it does then I definitely would say not all of the textures are being transferred to the Texture folder and you will have to manually copy them.

** We are not Alone **
Bad Monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2008 01:55 Edited at: 29th Jun 2008 01:56
So I got it to work now. I figured out that when I exported the level, I had the shader fx turned on. So I had to copy the 'effectbank' folder to my dbpro folder. But then it still didn't show up properly. (I assume that fpsc puts all the effect information into the univers.dbo object)

So I have to export the level with shaders turned off, and now it works.

Does any one else get it to work with the shaders turned on?

Visit my website:

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 03:23:02
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 03:23:02