Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / First Song

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2008 14:32 Edited at: 27th Jun 2008 14:33
After a bit of experimenting (today, last night and this morning) I've kicked out a track, it's not perfect, but I'm learning. Grandma was kind enough to show me around the features of music creation programs and emphasised the importance of a reverb. Well anyway, enough jibber jabber fool this is what I have:

I called it 'beneath sunken dreams' just for the sake of giving it a name

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=848752

Wasn't quite sure where to go at the end though. (Made in the demo version of Acid Music Studio)

"Experience never provides its judgments with true or strict universality; but only (through induction) with assumed and comparative universality." - Immanuel Kant
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2008 14:49 Edited at: 27th Jun 2008 14:50
Well, I think that you might have put too much reverb into it

Anyways, must say that it sounds very good for being a first song, allthough I myself ain't to fond of the high-tones delay coming in around 50 sec. I think that the delay times should be tampered with to better match the tempo of the song. Just a suggestion.
Over all, good first

"I kören hörs de brummande busarna Björnligan och Gondolen"
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2008 14:53
Cheers, and advice taken - as for the high-tones, yeah, it's a little out of place.

"Experience never provides its judgments with true or strict universality; but only (through induction) with assumed and comparative universality." - Immanuel Kant
Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2008 15:07 Edited at: 27th Jun 2008 15:08
Quote: "Grandma was kind enough to show me around the features of music creation programs and emphasised the importance of a reverb."

Your grandma sounds awesome!

Anyways, the pad's volume can perhaps he lowered a bit as it drowns the lead in some places. The reverb of the harp-like instrument that jumps in at :10 was as Rudolpho said, a bit much too.

Other than that, nothing major that bugs me about it. The composition of the piano was good. Well done I say.

This message was brought to you by Grandma industries.

Making yesterdays games, today!
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2008 15:21 Edited at: 27th Jun 2008 15:21
Some of the piano derives from an Andante, so I can't take all the credit for that - I just used it to kick off from.

But those are good points, I'll sort the reverb out and see what else I can do with it.

Quote: "Your grandma sounds awesome!"

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2008 16:36 Edited at: 29th Jun 2008 16:42
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=848752&songID=6675090

I've added another song to the list - so clickity click on the link above.

I thought as I'm learning, 'Hello World' would be an appropriate title. This one is made with the Fruity Loops demo and is 'dance' music - still practising though folks.

Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2008 17:37 Edited at: 29th Jun 2008 17:37
Well, on your new song.... I guess it's pretty good for that genre.
Personally, I can hardly stand such music though (sorry) :/
Anyways, the thing that struck me is how the pad sound at the beginning seems to be extremely abrubptly terminated when it's time to change the chord.
Maybe you should try fading it out a bit?

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2008 18:09 Edited at: 29th Jun 2008 18:09
Cheers, I'm not a big fan of the style of music, but I'm hoping to do some techno tracks (eventually).

Note taken for the fade-out - I'd make the change, but the demo allows exports, but not saves so I don't have the project file.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2008 03:26 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2008 03:26
A couple of new ones - I'd make them longer and put more time into them, but I can't do that until I buy the full version. So please excuse the fact that these are just all loops.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=848752&content=songinfo&songID=6685480
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=848752&content=songinfo&songID=6675276

Still Practising, though I can see now I should really be trying to work on some proper tunes.

Cheers.

Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2008 12:42
I enjoyed proffessor's basement. Nice. That's a typical tune you'll hear on any N64 game by Rare.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2008 22:59
Glad to here it, thanks, I wanted to add to it, other than having a loop on a single instrument, but I could do anything that worked.

But I'm going to do some more music theory first, a 'How to Write Songs on Keyboards' books caught my eye, didn't buy it though, but no doubt website imitate it (if not I'll order it), it's by the same people who wrote 'How to Write Songs on a Guitar' and I got that for Christmas one year and it had useful info, though the Guitar was something I never stuck at.

Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2008 23:54 Edited at: 4th Jul 2008 00:20
Sounds pretty good

Pad Loop
I think that there is a bit to much delay on the high-tones of the stringspad at times though, and as usual, a more distinct lead melody wouldn't hurt.

Professor's Basement
I'll agree with grandma.
Of course, allthough this works pretty well as is, more instruments is always nice to add some depth to the work
As I said though, this song works well in it's current state.

Edit: Aha, just saw your last post

Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2008 00:01
Quote: "'How to Write Songs on a Guitar'"

Oh well that's a new approach. You'll never get to borrow my guitar in light of this discovery.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2008 01:01
Quote: "Oh well that's a new approach. You'll never get to borrow my guitar in light of this discovery.
"

Haha, I just noticed the semantic problem with the title.

Quote: "I think that there is a bit to much delay on the high-tones of the stringspad at times though, and as usual, a more distinct lead melody wouldn't hurt."

Taken, I see I need to be careful on those effects - though no complaints on the reverb, so that's good.

Quote: "Of course, allthough this works pretty well as is, more instruments is always nice to add some depth to the work
As I said though, this song works well in it's current state."

Cheers, I've not gotten anything to work with extra instruments yet - though I can still add some - fruity loops demo may not let me save projects, but nothing stops me adding them on top of the loop.

Thanks guys.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2008 15:35
Came out with one this morning - it's full length:

Called 'Forte'

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=848752&content=songinfo&songID=6689433

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 13:24:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 13:24:31