Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / vertex color GDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2008 03:09 Edited at: 29th Jun 2008 03:13
Hi!
I'm using dark gdk and i want to use model with vertex color. my friend exported model from maya 7 ( .x ) and when i load to dark gdk vertex color is very bad. look there:

http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mayace0.png

1. in maya 7
2. in dark gdk

How to do this well?? my ambient light is 80% but when is bigger or smaller vertex color is not good too. I tried dbSetObjectLight(1,0); but there where is not vertex color is black :/

if you can show me small example how to do this vertex color or tell me i will be very happy

sorry for my english im learning only 2 years
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2008 03:34
Well, vertex color is one of many "attributes" you can "maintain" for a vertex.

It looks like in your picture you either have to much emissive for the object - OR the Vertex color isn't being honored when you load the model.

You can try changing the emissive so you're colors aren't "washed out" or try setting object light to zero (might not be a good thing but might be what you want)

Otherwise - you might try saving the model in a few different 3d formats supported by DarkGDK and see if they give different results and take the best one that works for you.

When you are making a model from scratch in memory - controlling the FVF formats is easier - as you have total control - however trying to load a model you are bound by the limitations of DarkGDK.

DarkGDK might not be a limiting factor here - and I think you'll need to experiment a bit.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 01:31:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 01:31:28