Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Found Solution for the DB and Physx Updates Problem!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2008 21:17 Edited at: 29th Jun 2008 21:25
If you are one of the lucky guys to get the popup error whit the , "nxcooking.dll" thing. This is what you need to do.

After Installing all the requiered updates, take the Files in the "DarkPhysics_Update_105.zipCompilerplugins-licensed" Folder and put them on your project folder. Compile your project and Voalaaa!

You can copy the same files on each of the Competion Demos Folders independently an run each one.

Maybe you are going to need to put one more DLL on those folders: d3dx9_37.dll that i'm including in this post.

I hope this works for you too!
Happy Coding!

To RickV or Mike:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2008 02:06
that sounds just like the Competition 2008 / Soft Bodies file, it worked even throe none of the other code demos did.

I had a look at it and it had three .dll files in it.

NxCharacter.dll - NxCooking.dll - NxExtensions.dll

I guess thats how it worked.

I have well and truly given up with this update, I think that I`m going to wait for the next one.

hopefully it will be more software as well as hardware based, hackinc 2000 how did you work this out?

soul sucking devils, twisted body of the damed, slivering slim drips from every poor, sin licking at your ears, and the smell stinging your eyes, and if you don't like it, get out of my kitchen!
Jeff Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2008 04:47 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2008 04:47
You got me half-way there. I put the upgrade .dlls in the project folder and now did not get the missing NXCooking.dll error which I had been getting. However, I got the missing d3dx9_37.dll error.

I downloaded what you posted and put that in. Now, it starts executing the program but suddenly opens up my browser to the NVidia page where I would download the updated drivers for my card - which I have downloaded and installed about 5 times over the last 5 hours. When I close the browser the program dumps. So I'm closer, but not there yet. I too am about ready to give up on DBP and TGC. Developers aren't responding to several days' worth of concerns on the main update thread.
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2008 05:20
the d3dx9_37.dll file is meant to go in your windows\system directory
that should fix this d3dx9_37.dll error

soul sucking devils, twisted body of the damed, slivering slim drips from every poor, sin licking at your ears, and the smell stinging your eyes, and if you don't like it, get out of my kitchen!
Geddon00
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2008 08:09
thank you!

Your signature has been erased by a mod for being too cool
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2008 09:21
Quote: "Maybe you are going to need to put one more DLL on those folders: d3dx9_37.dll that i'm including in this post"

That indicates you need to update DirectX. The latest version includes this file.

Jeff Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2008 13:52
Moved the d3dx9_37.dll to the Windows system folder.
Still the program interrupts to open my browser to the nvidia download page.
Reinstalled the most updated DirectX
Does the same thing.
For what its worth, I'm using Vista and the Nvidia card is 8500GT
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2008 14:11 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2008 14:11
Quote: "Still the program interrupts to open my browser to the nvidia download page."

On the System Download page, this one works for me...

System Software Versions for Game Distribution
PhysX_Game_installer_281.msi

Jeff Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2008 14:59
Thanks for the suggestion. I installed that. Doesn't help. If I don't have the dll in the directory it gives me an error that its missing. If I do, it opens the browser to nvidia's site. I'll just go back to the un-upgraded version of Dark Physics, which was working fine.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 01:17:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 01:17:20