Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Hiring Hosting and more !!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2008 20:32
Hello,
We are Demon-ware, we have recently started our business and opened our website and have decided to let users get more involved with us.
At the site you can host your game on our site, get a job, post on our forum and talk to the CEO'S of the company about anything you like !!

The site is www.demon-ware.webs.com
my email is ready1995@googlemail.com (no spam plz)

Got question? Feel free to throw them at me
Little Bill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2008 20:54
You do realize Demonware is a company already.

http://www.demonware.net/

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2008 21:05
...yikes. Needs some more polish, a better game plan, and apparently a different company name, if it's going to have a chance of success.

I do wish you well in all of your future endeavours...

Liquid games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2008 22:26
I already know that there are websites with the same name (there are about 2-3) but the point is that i havent copywrited their any of their stuff and my name is different and does different things.
My name has a -
Liquid games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2008 22:51
I already know that it is already a website but it doesnt work in the same area as us. and btw, does any1 here know about the game Citybuilder ?
Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2008 00:11 Edited at: 1st Jul 2008 00:12
Yes, hey didnt you do something like this a few months ago? Oh wait duh never mind but someone has a company called luqid games i think.

Liquid games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2008 19:42
i am happy for them to find out, the fact is that we are in a different area to these companys.
also, has any1 here ever played on city builder ?
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2008 23:58
...listening to Bloodhound 2's advice would be an extremely good idea.

Studying marketing and business strategies would an invaluable course of action for you as well...

Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 00:08
Can't believe the mods let this thread live this long?

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 00:15
...yep.

I'm sure it and it's sister post will be slammed shut, as soon as the first available mod comes along, though...

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 00:46
Are you listed on the stock exchange, and where can I but shares?

Best.

metalkill
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You cnat have a company name that is already taken even if it is a diffrent tyoe that compnay is registered so they can sue you for stealing their name if they find out i strongly suggest you change it now. Unless you want a big complaint when they find out."

Quote: "...listening to Bloodhound 2's advice would be an extremely good idea."

Quote: "Can't believe the mods let this thread live this long?"

AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 03:36
We have some lazy mods.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 04:02 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2008 07:41
I am not familiar with international laws, so I personally can't even suggest or expound upon the legal issues here, let alone make any judgement as I'm not a judge either. I am somewhat familiar with American law because I have had two different companies here; although, it has been awhile I can't remember everything.

However, there are some legal companies around the world that have similar names.

I found the following:

Quote: "Strengthening its online multiplayer development capabilities, Activision Inc. has entered into an agreement to acquire DemonWare, a provider of network middleware technologies for console and PC games headquartered in Dublin, Ireland."

Now whether or not Activision has retained the name of the company, I have no idea. There also is a company called "Demonware Records" in Austria.

Because laws vary in each country one would have to look into it in their own country. Here in the USA I believe that a hyphen doesn't necessarily matter as there is enough similarity to the name that it can be considered a breach, however, I'm not absolutely sure about that.

If you plan on incorporating you will definitely find out whether you can use the name or not. If you do not plan on incorporating then you will be taking chances of either being sued or at least asked to refrain from using that name altogether.

I'm not sure why I responded but I thought I would since it was at the top of the heap.

Addendum:

To bring this on-topic. I think this is a cool idea though and wish you well with the project and/or business.

** We are not Alone **
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 11:02 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2008 11:12
I am teh COE of a knew kompeny callds "Burger_King"... We are alloud too uses this names becoz it has a underscore innit

Are knew websight will be up soon using freewebs (as son as we picked the beast teamplate to uses, LOL)... Their will be a store to by stough and a kompleteley knew forums for you to used...

If you wish to knotact me for any reason you can youse teh kopmany email adres witch are: i_am_a_real_ceo_of_a_real_kompany@generic-freehosting.com (spam is not a problems for us becoz we useing staight og teh arts softwarez to blocks it form are domaine)

Teh teem loocs foreword for you're feedbacks...

Have a graet day...

EDIT
On a more serious note this is a sticky from the showcase board but I feel that one of the rules should apply to all boards:

Quote: ""I've formed a new company!" - woohoo, good for you. We don't need to read about it in the Showcase though. Infact, for your own sake, it's best not to mention it at all."

[center]
Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 13:59
lol i wanna see this site after i email the demon ware ppl

Free Webhosting = http://unlhosting.info --Send support ticket to get ad free
Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 15:01 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2008 15:01
Well Thraxas as long as we are copying Sticky's how about this one? Non-Constructive Posts....

Liquid games: More then likely nobody around here is going to be join you any time soon. So good luck with your endeavors.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 15:55
Quote: "We have some lazy mods."

I would like to add that we do actually have lives outside of these Forums.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 03:26:03
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 03:26:03