Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / noob with some questions.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2008 00:22
I am coming from Silent Walk FPS Creator and I am planning on buying the DX9 version of FPS Creator this Christmas, with 2 or 3 model packs.

However, I have a few questions:

-are there any mods to the program that make the frame rate\enemy A.I\graphics better?

-how do you use any custom models/sounds/textures?

-I am planning on making my games have a sci-fi feel to them, can anybody post some links to any game examples I should check out for inspiration?

Thanks a lot.
puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "are there any mods to the program that make the frame rate\enemy A.I\graphics better? "

Ya updates.

Quote: "how do you use any custom models/sounds/textures?"

There are several importing programs for free around including firma, and entity maker,

Quote: "I am planning on making my games have a sci-fi feel to them, can anybody post some links to any game examples I should check out for inspiration?"

PLAY BEYOND LIFE. Best FPSC game ever made, look in showcase and try "beyond" or "life" or "beyond life"

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2008 02:56
1) Yes. Framerate is going to be a bit different between mods and it all depends on how powerful your computer is. EfxMod provides a lot of shader additions to make things look a bit more like FPSCX10, however it causes massive slow down on low-midend computers. Enemy AI is all a matter of perspective. You can script yourself some "better" AI, though. The current Mods (To my recollection) are: efxMod, AirMod, Ply's Mod, and S4Real Mod. You may wanna search those up and do a bit of research on each to find which one would suit you best.

Keep in mind, all Mods, as of the time I am writing this, are reliant on FPSC V1.07 and NOT the latest update. The modders need to have the latest source code in order to Mod it, so you'll have to wait until then for the Mods to get everything that the latest updates have.

2) Do a small search around the forums for that one. There are many different approaches you can take for that.

3) Yeah... search the showcase board for some.

The one and only,

Whosoever says, "Don't sweat the small stuff," is obviously not a programmer.
Seb_Gemin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2008 03:55
Thanks a lot for the replies!

You won't be disappointed in what I can do, when I get around to getting the program.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 03:23:00
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 03:23:00