Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / I AM teh nubs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey all! I am trying to use arena mode in correlation with grabbing an object or going to a designated area to win. However, an many already know... this is not possible...

After reading the FPS manual, I have come to understand that FPS in arena mode does not allow any entities to be dynamic other than guns, ammo, health... ect... Yet, the build screen gives the option to end the game by finishing the objectives (First to complete the objective) in the arena tab.

I know there is something i am missing here... but what exactly is it?

If there actually are objectives I can set, what are they?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
++Will++
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2008 02:27
I think that means finding the win zone...not sure.

++Will++

++Will's++ Music Packs- FREE!!
Go to the Models and Media section!
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2008 02:49
It's just like completing objectives in single player.

Set up some sort of entity with an objective number set in it's properties. (There are tutorials on objectives that you can find, most likely in the official community guide by Nickydude)

There are workarounds to getting dynamic entities in multiplayer mode. You can use this to your advantage for objective multiplayer games. Like, have an obstacle course type game, where each player starts at the beginning of a different obstacle course, complete with targets that they must shoot (These will be destroyable objective entities), and then reach the center of the arena and step on the glowing pad (Winzone with another objective). If they missed any targets along the way, then stepping on the pad will not make them win until they go back and shoot all of the targets that they missed.

Of course, that's just an example, you get the idea, right?

The one and only,

Whosoever says, "Don't sweat the small stuff," is obviously not a programmer.
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2008 04:21
well what your talking about i think, complete objective=frags to win.

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Igottabeme
Years of Service
User Offline
This is all true... however, I have tried using the win, sound, and trigger zones by many methods and nothing has resulted to my liking. (In other words, they did nothing...)

The objects I insert to the game even BEFORE I change to arena mode still get instantly changed into static objects. Testing the game proves this.

The tutorials do not give much detail about how the objectives are used in multiplayer...

I know... whine... whine... whine.... nag... nag... nag... lol sry...

Thanks for the help though guys, I really appreciate it.. I'll keep trying and exploring... -TJH

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 03:23:00
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 03:23:00