Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Download limit With Store?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2008 08:31 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2008 01:53
It says that i have downloaded this object, 5 of 5 times?!My computer keeps messing up and i never knew the downloads are limited! that not even fair!! if my computer mess up again and i loose FPSC AGAIN. does this mean i dont get my items back? What a waste of money there...
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2008 09:10
Back up your items on a re-writable cd, just don't give them away I don't really think there should be a download limit on the free items though...

Visual Game Studio Express Lead Programmer.
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2008 11:33
I'm pretty sure the limit is to do with bandwith... but if you had a problem and it failed your download every time, email support and they'll sort it out for you...

[center]
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 00:39
Quote: "back up your items on a re-writable cd, just don't give them away I don't really think there should be a download limit on the free items though.."

Just which folders should i start with?

Quote: "You shoudl ahve a backup of your whole FPSC directory incase this happens i have one on a external hard drive there is a limit for a reson on the paid items. The Free items shoudl not have a limit and i will let lee know about this and will see if he can remove it in next update."

Yeah but the updates wont detect my FPSC Installtion. If i install FPSC V1 and over write everything, Somethings will get messed up again and FPSC might act funny....

Quote: "I'm pretty sure the limit is to do with bandwith... but if you had a problem and it failed your download every time, email support and they'll sort it out for you..."

It doesn't and shouldn't. Its just i cant get them again. EVER!!! if my computer messes up again (Like computers do) then i cant get my stuff back, nor am able to buy them again since its says that its already bought and just says "download". Lee, for real you gotta remove this limit. FPSC is still unstable and viures are getting more stronger to kill. It should be best to reomve this limit forever.
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 06:00 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2008 06:08
It is to do with bandwith... I have it in an email from Paul... In the same email he told me that if I had a problem with the downloads I could email support to get it fixed...

Quote: "Yes, unfortunately the server script ends as the download begins so I have to set the download count at that point. It doesn't wait around to check the download was successful. If you were unlucky enough to have it fail 5 times in a row let us know and I'm sure we'd sort something out. It is mainly to protect our bandwidth."

Plus if you take care of your computer you will never get a virus! In all my years of owning a computers I have had two viruses... One from a pc magazine cover disc! And the second when my friend used my computer to check his email and downloaded an attachment and ran it...

[center]
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 07:39
Just a teaser here: I just started and am working on a software project called FPSC MediaKeeper. Watch for it. Should compliment my FPI EditPad nicely.

Don't want to hijack this thread so please don't respond to this.

** We are not Alone **

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 03:18:49
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 03:18:49