Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkGDK and c++ problem---dbEntry$();identifier not found!!!!!!!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i have some problems with this command and other core commands...
i just wanna know if i'm the only one XD

music and programming: the same type of engineering
Mahoney
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2008 19:53
No $. It's not actually there.
SunDawg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 18:11
Any # or $ you see do not belong in C++, so the next time you run into one on a command that isn't working, remove them.

My site, for various stuff that I make.
Mahoney
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 19:39
They should have paid the man for documentation upkeep more. Maybe he would have finished his job. v.v
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2008 04:48
Now Now - Everyone around here knows the Doc's are so so - but the forums are awesome - and if you keep a shortcut on your desktop pointing to the DarkGDK include directory - you can look in the header files. Additionally - if you download diskmeta "lite", install that - and run it on the darkgdk include directory - then yuo get something like a google search of that directory like GREP with a user interface or something - then you can search multiple include files at once - and its not case sensitive unless you want it (I don't bother with case sensitive searches for text) and then you can find the actual declarations for yourself.

I used to spend more time pulling my hair out until I became more efficient at helping myself - and using the same energy to get by using tools I could scrounge and LOTS of google.... and post as a last resort

--Jason

Mahoney
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2008 05:01
Sorry. I didn't mean that insulting towards TGC. I was in a bad mood and find the documentation frustrating.
SunDawg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2008 02:21
Honestly, I didn't know there was documentation. I've never used it; I just use the spiral bound DBPro command list book that shipped with it when I bought it back in '04.

Mahoney
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2008 02:31
You've relied on converting DBPro commands to C++ commands?
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2008 02:36
I don't use the GDK documentation, only the DBP one when I need to, the GDK functions are the same other than the way they are written so why not?

Mahoney
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2008 02:37
I figured there were a lot that aren't in the GDK, only DBPro.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2008 03:50
This is my "gdk" get help method:

1: Check DBPro first - see if I can't get the command to compile the way I "Think it is" from the DBPro spelling.. guessing case etc.

2: Check the GDK docs Next

3: Use that DiskMeta "lite" search tool on the GDK include directory - (Because the microsoft text finding in "Search" thingy stinks and DiskMeta Actually works)

4: Post here and ask.

(P.S. Mahoney - We All get frustrated - I was just trying to offer an alternative to relying on the help alone)

--Jason

Mahoney
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2008 04:27
I know. I often over exaggerate when I say I'm frustrated.
SunDawg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2008 04:32
I look up commands in the book, then just format it like every other command in the GDK and see if intellisense knows anything about it. That's how I've been coding since I downloaded DarkGDK, and it's no problem. Of course, four years with DBPro and a little more than nine with C++, I know the drill.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 01:25:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 01:25:50