Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Keyboard Piano

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2008 21:52 Edited at: 1st Jul 2008 21:55
Attached is the exe.

This is exactly what it says on the tin, it turns your keyboard into a virtual piano. I personally think that this is pretty damn cool, and especially useful for irritating people at school/work .

Press almost any key on your keyboard, and it will play a sound (each key being a different pitch) through your computer's inbuilt speaker. Press Q and A to 'pitch bend'; this increases/decreases the pitch of every note.

Even if your computer has its external speakers off/disconnected, a sound will still play so long as your computer has an inbuilt speaker. The speaker used is the same one that you hear occasionally when your computer encounters a serious problem; it is normally used as a warning sound.

If you don't hear a sound when you press random keys, set the duration to 100 or more (you are asked for this upon running the program); if you still don't, then you probably don't have an inbuilt speaker (a lot of laptops don't).

Here is a screenshot (shame there's no 'soundshots'):

Here is the CPP code:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2008 18:55
So that's how they make techno music! Had some fun with this

A mod has been erased by your signature because it was larger than 600x120
Zuka
Years of Service