Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all.

I have a function in my program to make a stack of dynamic blocks and set up joints with adjecent blocks. It works the first time I call it but after that the joints don't work. Not even for a seperate function.

Hopefully the code will make more sense.

xdim is an amount of blocks along the x axis
ydim and zdim are similar
xpos, ypos and zpos are positions
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 13:42
I thought you link the joints like so.

if you had blocks to make a chair, base, leg1,leg2,leg3 and leg4

you would get

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 20:08
Ah, I ran into this problem with my PhyX demo. Make sure to go back and delete all the joints before resetting. Alternately, you can use phy joint exist(joint) to check before each time you create a joint and delete it if it's already in existence.

Ezeakeal
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks all, I haven't got to the point of resetting yet, but now I know in advance. I took the process out of a function and made it a gosub. I think my joint counter may have been wrong... not really sure, but its working now.

But if you do know how to make the function work (Although I doubt I have given enough info) it would be greatly apprectiated!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 02:02:12
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 02:02:12