Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Trouble with sleep commands

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am trying to keep a basketball from bouncing once it's linear velocity goes under a specific threshold(phy set rigid body sleep linear velocity),and also the same with the angular velocity for rolling. But the commands seem to do nothing.

I have searched the threads and only found this unhelpful thread on the subject. If the body should be considered stopped at the threshold, why is it, as BatVink stated, that the ball is still calculated in the simulation? How can I make use of these commands to fulfill what I need to do?

Thak you.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2008 23:36
you could try liner damping and set that to threshold require.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Nano brain
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you HowDo,

Angular damping did its part, but the linear damping does not stop the infinite bouncing. Instead, it, of course, makes the ball to be a bit less bouncy, which is bad.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 00:01
have look at bounce demo, or look in the old thread on matrials, add one of those to it.

Nano brain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 00:44 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2008 00:53
HowDo,

I do not have the bounce demo for some reason. Could you post the source code for me?

Thanks.

*Edit_Cancel request
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 00:58
called by the wrong name should have said restitution demo.

Nano brain
Years of Service
User Offline
HowDo,

The problem was that I had set the ball's material restitution to 1. I found dropping this value below 1 cures the problem. I ultimately dropped the value down to .80 which kept the ball plenty bouncy, and with as few minute bounces as possible.

Thank you for your help which lead me to dabble with the ball's material, thus solving my problem.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 01:04
yes it takes time to work out what does what, like the vortex demo I've made converting the code from c to basic is not easy when I don't know c.

give a whirl (pun not intended)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 00:51:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 00:51:33