Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkDGK and DarkBASIC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I'm interested to know which can do more - DarkGDK or DarkBasic.

I'm a new to DarkGDK but have written a few things - but a quick glance at DarkBasic there seems to be more commands and things it can do (Layers for example).

Perhaps I should try to learn DarkBasic?

Are they both as powerful as each other??
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2008 23:55
The graphic/sound etc libraries that come with them are the exact same for the most part, however the languages(DBP vs C++) are very different, C++ is far more advanced, the language has been around far longer thus it has far more libraries you can use, it has far more features, far faster compile times, a far better debugger, a far better IDE, far better __insert anything here__.

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 01:50
Better acronym, etc.

SunDawg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 05:13 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2008 05:14
C++ has the potential for portability as well, but I don't think that really applies to DarkGDK. Having purchased DBPro quite some time ago, I find it most useful for quickly building demos of ideas, that can then be used as guidelines for projects in DarkGDK.

The two can work together!

My site, for various stuff that I make.
jezza
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 19:01
It really depends what for. If you jsut want to make pure games, db pro is fine, but GDK adds so many more ways of combining it with other stuff.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 01:42:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 01:42:13