Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have playing around with Darkphysics for a few days. I want to make a bottle that breaks into pieces when being hit or dropped. I was considering making the bottle in 3ds max like a puzzle. In other words construct the bottle in pieces and then import them in DB as a whole. However, I was wondering whether you could suggest a different approach. Is there another way in making something break when hit? Thank you.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 19:07
I think you would have to load your whole object in, then make an object of each breakable limb, the using make rigid joints stick it all back together again.

look out for the breaking log tree demo posted on here somewhere.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 21:05
here is a link to breaking log post

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=121930&b=1

soul sucking devils, twisted body of the damed, slivering slim drips from every poor, sin licking at your ears, and the smell stinging your eyes, and if you don't like it, get out of my kitchen!
bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 23:52 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2008 23:53
Master Xilo has made a breaking log plugin

[EDIT] Sorry, didnt see it already posted

Programming Recorder: 3,0 months of dark basic
Antonios
Years of Service
User Offline
I am skeptical in that if I make the bottle in various parts, the minute I declare each as a rigid body it will fall apart before being hit by another object. So I have to find a way for the individual parts to stay "glued" until being hit. Unless there is a dynamic way of separating the object like the log plugin.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 02:02:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 02:02:54