Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Powerpuff Z - PPG fangame

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2008 02:45 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2008 02:49
Hey, long time no post. Been working on this for too long
I dunno how many Powerpuff fans are in this forum, hopefully more than just me? Maybe?

Anyway, this is a Powerpuff Girls fangame. Designed by Parsec. Coded by me.

http://black-moth.net/ppz3.php
Link has download (72MB), and a trailer for the game.

Some screenies
Underwater in Townsville Harbour

and the Townsville stage

More screenshots from various stages of development:
http://black-moth.net/forums/index.php?topic=4.msg57#msg57

It is a 3D fighting game that has you throwing energy blasts around in the style of DBZ, you charge energy with the right mouse, fire small energy blasts with the left. If you charge up to 50% energy or more, you can hold right and left mouse buttons to charge a more powerful beam attack. And if you charge up to 100% energy, you can use one of the two special moves that each character has! Space bar can be used to deflect attacks and punch enemies away from you.

Simple enough objective: Hit your foes until their health reaches 0 and they 'splode

Each Powerpuff has unique abilities:
Blossom
Flower Blast - a wide spread attack
Ice Breath - slows down opponent and nullifies attacks it hits
+Recovery: Blossom isn't stunned by attacks as much as her sisters, and when hit she gains some energy charge from the attack and also has some defence against rapid-fire attacks

Bubbles
Power Stream - a rapid volley of blasts
Sonic Scream - a defensive move that nullifies attacks in range and stuns opponents too
+Speed: Bubbles is faster than her siblings.

Buttercup
Dancing Bomb - an attack that is slow to charge up, but causes instant death if it hits
Fury Charge - Buttercup flies towards her target flinging punches
+Attack: Buttercup has a faster rate of fire

There's story mode, and if you beat that you get tournament mode and then some other challanges and a 'Build Your Own Fighter' feature that allows you to create your own PPG to fight with. You can also use them to fight other people online thanks to Benjamin's awesome Tempest Multiplayer plugin!

Obviously this is a fangame, no profit is being made from this, PPG are (c)Cartoon Network, created by Craig McCracken.

munk
Years of Service
User Offline
Im not a powerpuff fan but this does look quiet amazing. Awesome job!!!
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 01:26
Extremely impressive game. I loved the 2nd-last level, the flight level, so to say. I also loved the final fight which was excruciatingly hard.

If anything, Buttercup's Death Bomb attack is too powerful. The AI doesn't respond adequately to avoid such blasts. Maybe make punching more powerful as well, or allow for 'combos'.

Graphics get a thumbs up from me, levels, characters and gameplay do as well. Variation in story mode was what got me in this one.

A mod has been erased by your signature because it was larger than 600x120
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 02:43
impressive impressive if this game dosent get mentioned in the next news letter so will i personally strangle batvink
lovely grafix have you guys made all bye your self ?
cheers
Tifu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 01:40
Thanks thanks

We had trouble making the AI as good as we wanted, especially avoiding some of the specials like Tracking Beam. Tricky stuff :/

Graphics all created by the team yes. Unless I have forgotten something, but I don't think so...
oh dang... I did forget something.

http://www.thegamecreators.com/data/newsletter/newsletter_issue_37.html#13
I used the Pyro Particle system that I got from the newsletter... been working on game so long I forgot we used that D=

SimSmall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2008 12:15 Edited at: 15th Jul 2008 22:01
Strangely addictive although I'm useless at it even on the easy difficulty, but I have one question:

Is there any special process to get multiplayer working? We had no success even after isolating ourselves from the public Internet and disabling our firewalls.

I'm also not a fan of the powerpuffs, but it's good to see a completed game once in a while, so many projects here simply don't get finished, I'm also very guilty there...

Edit: Never mind on the multiplayer, some of our machines were only happy hosting on loopback - The first machine to host with its own IP without saying "Connection fail", immediately accepted clients. Perhaps time for some new network hardware over here?
NurBo
Years of Service
User Offline
very nice I used to watch this show back in the day when I was little kid. Nice to see fans still care about this show nice game man.

Share your knowledge and I shall share mine

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 13:28:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 13:28:37