Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / freezing problem with darkbasic and darkphysx trial

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2008 16:15 Edited at: 4th Jul 2008 16:16
Ok I have downloaded the darkbasic and dark physics trial onto my laptop which is an Acer 5920G spec:

Intel core 2 duo t7300 2.ghz per core, 800 MHz fsb, 4mb l2 cache
Geforce 8600m GS 256mb dedicated memory and up to 1024mb with turbo cache
2gb ddr2 ram
250gb hdd
Hd/dvd drive
1gb intel turbo memory
Windows vista sp 1 home premium 32bit edition
I have installed the latest direct x
I have installed the dark physics system software and sdk from the nvidia site
I tried to download new graphics drivers from nvidia but was forwarded to the Acer site so installed the newest graphics driver they had on offer there.
When I run any of the demos with dark physics except for flowing fluids it just freezes however no water appears on the flowing fluids like it should this demo freezes if I try to interact with it. It also opens the nvidia driver page...
Screenshot attached.
please note the samples with the SDK seem to work fine.
If anyone knows anything that I could try to get this working please let me know. Thanks in advance for anyone’s attempt to help.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2008 17:01 Edited at: 4th Jul 2008 17:03
I have 7300 se and all I can see is small bubbles shapes, it seems that unless we get the lowest top range it your not going to see any fluids.

You can do as Lee has said somewhere else, is download and use 08.08.25 physX file which will use the old fluid system which you can see.

edit

just re read your post and it should work with that graphic card as I think I saw that one in the list of cards.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for your input. Sadly not seeing the fluids is the least of my problems all of the other demos freeze without doing anything, where might I find the "old files" so I can try that and see if it makes any difference?

Doe anybody else have any information on what I could try to fix this?

Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
copy all of the DLLs from the demos folder in the Ageia physx folder and put them in your project folder. Worked for me.

Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks for you input, have fixed this problem now and this how I did it. I changed the trial to run as administrator and copied nvcuda.dll from my other computer to this computers system32 directory and now it works a charm. Thanks to everone who tried to help.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 00:50:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 00:50:16