Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / A wrapper for newtons physics.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2008 20:01
I have been trying to figure out how to use newtons physics, and I really haven't gotten very far. I did find a DBPro wrapper of newtons physics though- http://walaber.com/index.php?action=showitem&id=10

Does anyone know if this could be used in darkGDK? If so, how do you include .dll files? I have only really worked with .h, and .lib.

If this can't be used with darkGDK, does anyone know of one that does work with darkGDK?

thanks.

www.globalwarfare.tk
programing maniac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 03:34
does anyone know if this could be compatible with darkGDK? It was written for DBPro, and I don't know about dbPRo, but it seems that it would work. would you include it with the regular #include?

thanks.

www.globalwarfare.tk
Zuka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 04:25
Does it come with .h files? If not, write your own somehow...?

programing maniac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 23:06
It doesn't come with a header file, all it is is a .dll file. How would I write a header file using a .dll? I know how to write a header file, but not using .dll's.

www.globalwarfare.tk
Zuka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 23:26
I do not have any idea whatsoever.

programing maniac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 23:45
Jason? Lilith? Come on, one of you really good programers must know something about this, or at least how to include header files.

www.globalwarfare.tk
Zuka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 00:53
Jason's offline.

programing maniac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 01:27
He seems to always know the answer... I wonder where he is, I haven't seen him on the forum for a while now...

www.globalwarfare.tk
Zuka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 01:30 Edited at: 8th Jul 2008 01:30
He said he was at work when I talked to him.

Maybe when he's not at work, he's going coder-crazy in his basement?

By the way, accept my Yahoo friend request thingy.

Xarshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 04:53
You can integrate newton into DarkGDK somewhat easily I would assume. I may do it after the PhysX competition, as I want to bring a long forgotten project back to life. Newton is one of the easier physics libraries. Next in line might be bullet or PhysX. The one I'd suggest to stay away from at first is Havok, as that has given me the most trouble.

And you won't be able to use the dbp wrapper in C++, as there are a lot of odd things you'd have to do that take quite a bit of skill in C++, which then would make more sense to just use the NGD library.

WC Physics - PhysX wrapper for Dark GDK.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
we need a good newton wrapper as i gave up on physx, too many things not working for a commercial product...
programing maniac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 14:34
Quote: "And you won't be able to use the dbp wrapper in C++, as there are a lot of odd things you'd have to do that take quite a bit of skill in C++, which then would make more sense to just use the NGD library."

Oh, well that stinks, the wrapper looked like it made newton easier to use.

Quote: "we need a good newton wrapper as i gave up on physx, too many things not working for a commercial product... "

Once I figure out how to use newton, I am going to try to make a wrapper for it.

Also, how do you get the tutorials to work in the newton SDK? I can't figure it out, and I think they would REALLY help.

thanks.

www.globalwarfare.tk
Xarshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 02:56
There really aren't much tutorials for Newton. Its all from experience. Programming Maniac, if you want to talk more on this subject, add me on MSN messenger bben53@gmail.com

WC Physics - PhysX wrapper for Dark GDK.
programing maniac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 03:00
I actually think I got it. The problem was that I was looking at the wron tutorial file, that doesn't work. I found the working ones and I am on my way!

Thanks anyways!
P.S.- I will add you to my MSN, and if I ever need help I will contact you.

www.globalwarfare.tk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 01:29:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 01:29:30