Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / How do I create a realistic car tyre and wheel

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Location: BORG Drone Ship - Being Assimilated near Roda Beta (28)
Posted: 6th Jul 2008 20:16
Ok, first I've tried different approaches to this but the results are all similar so I guess I'm missing something.
I've modeled a tyre and a wheel as seperate objects and created a softbody mesh for the tyre, I,ve created them both as a single object that didn't work either. What I'm looking for is a tyre thats attached to the rim of the wheel and doesn't distort but distorts around the tred surface where it contacts the road. My model uses oversized tyres to give a cartoon look to the vehicle and I want the tyres to distort when they contact with something and to twist when cornering etc...

Cyberspace was becoming overcrowded and slummy so I decided to move. These nice chaps gave me a lift.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2008 20:53
well if you have save your model or tire as obj then use the PhysXviewer form sdk 2.7.3 you can make them into softbody.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Star Vitebsk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2008 23:43
Study on the mistakes - and all to you will come !

VitebskStar@tut.by
chunks chunks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 00:06
Im not havin much luck with soft bodys either ,it seems there a bit out of control you cant do much with them.

Although if you look in the physx sdk there is a great demo so something like what your asking is possible , but im not sure dp can do it ..

chunks.

ps keep trying

toshiba satellite 1.6 core duo + nvidia geforce go 7300
windows xp pro.
TinTin
Years of Service
User Offline
Location: BORG Drone Ship - Being Assimilated near Roda Beta (28)
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 21:21 Edited at: 7th Jul 2008 21:23
I did mention @ howdo, I've used the PhysXViewer to create a soft body, but this makes the whole tyre rubbery and causes it to seperate from the wheelrim.!

@ Star. What mistakes?

@ 2Chunks, Yeah all i've managed so far is a great big beachball that I can toss around

This is what I want...

Cyberspace was becoming overcrowded and slummy so I decided to move. These nice chaps gave me a lift.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 02:03:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 02:03:04