Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Problem with dbClone and dbLoad object

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi

I am having a wierd problem with loading objects while the game is running. I am trying to figure out if it is my graphics card or my way of doing things that is the problem.

I have no problem with loading objects in the main entry point or with other loading fucitons called at the program's entrypoint. But where I have a problem is when I load objects during the gameloop (e.g. loading new units in a RTS game or bullets in a FPS). I normally have a prototype object (like a bullet) and then I use dbInstanceObject to make a new object (this works fine). The problem comes in when I use dbLoadObject or dbCloneObject. the camera suddenly moves to a diffrent location and some of the other objects rotate in a funny way.

The reason I ask about this is because I need to create animated objects during my game in Real Time and it seems that Instance objects dont carry any animation data.

any ideas about what is going wrong?
Mahoney
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2008 23:05
dbAutoCamOff ( )

This will prevent automatic positioning of the camera.
RancidRat
Years of Service
User Offline

dbAutocamOff
This command will deactivate the auto camera. The camera will then no longer reposition when a new object is loaded or created.

brilliant!!!

Thanks ...funny how I always assume the worst case scenario. God bless the manuel.
Shooters
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks. I'll give that a try this afternoon.

Jack

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 01:33:49
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 01:33:49