Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 00:29 Edited at: 7th Jul 2008 00:30
Hi. I was wondering, with the commands phy attach soft body box, sphere and capsule, what types are the boxes, spheres and capsules? Are they only simple boxes like we create in Basic3D? Or are they rigid body? Also, isn't there a way to detach them or do we have to delete the soft body each time. Finally, is there a way to attach a rigid body to a soft body, or, is there a way to set a ID number to the box, sphere or capsule which was attached to the soft body earlier?

Thank you for the answers.

Windows Vista, Q6600 @ 3.2ghz, 2gb Ram 800mhz - low latency, 8800 GTS 512 mb
Kendor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 01:03
IIRC, the phy attach soft body box/sphere/capsule commands are needed only when you want multiple soft bodies to collide with each other. So, if you only have one soft body, you don't have to use them. They form like an invisible "cage" for collision between soft bodies, otherwise collision won't happen.

Unfortunately, the answer for both the other two questions is no. There's no way to detach them apart from deleting the soft body. Additionally, whenever I've tried to attach a soft body to a rigid body through a fixed joint, the soft body explodes.

Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why.
Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why.
WarGoat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 02:53 Edited at: 7th Jul 2008 02:53
uuuugh.... well, thanks for the answer. I might try a few things then...

Windows Vista, Q6600 @ 3.2ghz, 2gb Ram 800mhz - low latency, 8800 GTS 512 mb

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 02:11:07
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 02:11:07