Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / 3d flight simulator problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
I'm kinda new to dark gdk and I'm trying to make a 3d flight simulator. I got as far as creating the world, loading a plane in, texturing it, and having it move forward with the camera locked on to the back (it's a third person view). I also figured out how to move it up, down, and sideways with the mouse but the plane still only goes forward and I can't figure out how to have the user totally control it and make it fly in all directions with the mouse. Please help me!! Any code snippets would be really useful!!
Zuka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 01:16
I don't see what you mean...

Also... is Mario humping Yoshi?!

Niels Henriksen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 01:27
A mouse is not good for a flightsim. Try with joystick (is an old MS Combat Flight Sim pilot)

Niels Henriksen
www.tales-of-the-realms.com
if Microsoft can sell software with bugs, so can I.
Shadow Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
What I mean is, I got the plane to move up, down, and sideways kind of like an "on rails" game such as Star Fox, but the plane can't turn around, dive down, or tilt up, like in the arena multiplayer dogfights in Star Fox.

Also my joystick is ancient and doesn't work with my new computer.
jezza
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 09:27
Of, I did this once. Use dbTurnObjectRight with dbMouseMoveX, and dbTiltObjectUp with dbMouseMoveY. Hope that helps
Shadow Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks a lot jezza but I found that dbTiltObjectUp is actually dbPitchObjectUp. My flight simulation works pretty well now but if might need a little bit of tweaking later. Does anybody know how to make a target in front of the plane and make it shoot at it like in Star Fox? Any code would be very helpful!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 01:36:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 01:36:31