Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Code Snippets / [DBC] Button Builder

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 00:41
This program creates a button then saves it to your clipboard. If you follow the instructions, you'll be making buttons in no time. Tell me how it goes. Remember, once its copied to your clipboard, for windows you press control+v.
Constructive criticisim appreciated.
Thank You,
Irojo

I have mad skills. I can make a dot follow your mouse in 2d. Don't try and tell me someone has done that before.
nackidno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 01:56
I don't quite get it, when it asks if this is correct, and I press the Y button. Nothing happens.

- Elias, Damezean, Nackidno, Wonderboy

AntocGames - http://antocgames.se.nu/
Irojo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 03:34
hmmmmmm is caps lock on?

thanks for replying too.

I have mad skills. I can make a dot follow your mouse in 2d. Don't try and tell me someone has done that before.
nackidno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 10:06
I tried with both caps on and off. Still the same problem.

Irojo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 17:42
Perhaps... if you go into "testing mode" then you press 'f' to continue (finish) not 'y'. Was that your problem?

nackidno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 20:56
How do I get into testing mode?

Irojo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 22:00
First you click where you want your button to go, then you press 'y' then it brings up another message, you wait a bit, then click once, then click and hold to the right and (usually) down a bit. Then you press 'y', it asks if you want to test, and if you press 'y' it goes into testing, which you in turn press 'f' to continue.

soadjason
Years of Service
User Offline
Try removing

and change font size or display mode. Not all the text is making it to the screen.
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 03:42 Edited at: 17th Jul 2008 03:42
Quote: "[DBC] Button Builder"

Lets be honest now, how many of you tried this in DBPro?

It works perfectly in DBC. Great idea for a program! Maybe you could allow the user to put their own image as the background thus making it easier to make menus in drawing programs such as photoshop or paint.

Irojo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 04:59
@Sixty Squares

Thanks a bundle. I was starting to get confused as to why it wasn't working... I get what your saying...!!!!!!! What if it had little notches along the whole screen that are numbered, and locks into those, so you can have it all centered... I like your idea...

I urge you to watch the film "Who killed the electric car". Support electric cars! Did you know their used to be more electric cars then gassoline cars?
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 07:58
Here's a tip that will save you and your users a little annoyance, instead of saying:

This only tests for the case of the letter represented by the letter placed in quotations. For instance, if you say:

You will only be testing for the lowercase y. So, as you pointed out above, is someone attempted to press an uppercase "Y" the condition would not evaluate to true. Instead, you could try this:

This will test for both upper and lowercase letters, or my personal favorite:

This works by taking the value stored in Inkey$(), then switching the case of that value to lowercase, then testing if it is equal to the lowercase letter "y".

Mountain Dew, happiness in a bottle.
nackidno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 14:44
Aaaaww.. I din't see that, thanks 60[]

Irojo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 19:31
@Sunflash
Thanks, I guess I wasn't thinking much when I was making the program.

I urge you to watch the film "Who killed the electric car". Support electric cars! Did you know their used to be more electric cars then gassoline cars?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 05:52:03
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 05:52:03