Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry, but (as usual) I become crazy try to find out the latest Help File about Dark PhysX.

I'm tryng to understand something about soft body, but searching "soft body" (or "help file") get no result.

I love DBPro and all Gamecreators for the big satisfactions they gave me in the last years, but about 1) Installation 2) Help files it looks like.. Ok, I don't want to tell stupid stuff.

Simply, I become crazy looking for it..
Can some body help me?

(about installation, adding all the installation keys in the order history it was a great idea!)

Lucka - gawteam coder - www.gawgames.com
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 19:03
if you found six thats it.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Kendor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 19:06
The help files for dark physics are found here: Dark Basic Professional folder -> Projects -> Dark Physics -> Documentation. There should be both the reference and information help files.

Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why.
Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why.
Lucka
Years of Service
User Offline
That help files (documentation) is not exactly the "latest".. nothing about soft bodies, for example..

My opinion is, there must be a place (maybe in the forum) that collect ALL the help files and documentation available.

I know it's something OUT OF MIND..

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 19:52
Lucka are you after something like the help files index but for physX

Lucka
Years of Service
User Offline
Yep.. can you help me to find it out?

(btw, for everything should be usefull)

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 20:02
ok download this and put it in the help files. plus add this line to you main help file list.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Kendor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 20:04
Strange, in my help files there is the soft bodies section. If you download the latest update (1.05) and look into the zip file in Projects -> Dark Physics -> Documentation there is the new documentation (including soft bodies).

Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why.
Lucka
Years of Service
User Offline
ok, thanks a lot, people!

Anyway, what do you think about a place where collect ALL the documentations (and keywords) for all the plugin?

Meditate..

Again Thx!

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 20:20
if some does do that then they will be making a new therad every time its updated, as I had one going about undoc commands not turing blue in PhysX.

@Kendor
This is an Index list for PhysX for use in the ide, press F1 and you get the main help file list, with link to a list of all commands in PhysX, instead of opening a chm system.

Lucka
Years of Service
User Offline
not a new Thread, a 3d divided for all the plugins with edited posts linked to the latest.

Not so difficult to do.

Or simply a download section in the profile.
or in the home page.

Nobody like it?

Lucka
Years of Service
User Offline
For example, the keyword and the Help about the simple 6.9 upgrade, don't you think that is out of mind the fact that there's a lot of undocumented features that you have (but you don't use 'cause simply you don't know?)

Here is the download link for upgrade 6.9, and in the same page the keyword and the help file.

maybe some day

Kendor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 20:46 Edited at: 8th Jul 2008 20:47
@HowDo
Don't know, but I prefer the chm file as opposed to the F1 system. As I see it, the F1 help is great if you already know the command and just want to check that the parameters are correct. Whereas for new people, the chm is ideal as it shows each command in their category, making life much easier.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 01:55:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 01:55:59