Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Lighting Problems...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 01:02
Hey guys so far FPSC is an amazing program and these new updates are fantastic. However I'm having some trouble with lighting...

I put some signs on a wall and there is a light next to them yet they stay totally black...

ive had this for the last few versions but only now I'm really using FPSC properly so it's a little annoying...

I've attached a picture to show.

Also the textures are on the signs 'cus when i use the flash light you can see them...

Sorry if this is a little noobish... thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hybrid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 03:09
no, it's ok. This happens. Try ajusting your ambient light number. They are black because the lights are not hitting them in the right way. Try ajusting the light source so that it illuminates them better.

Holloguts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 03:30
I had this problem. It also happens with other models (characters etc). I don't know the cause, but it does happen with stock models too (the ss officer for one). As hybrid says, adjusting the ambient light does solve the problem. But of course, that kills the atmosphere your usually tryng to create.

My only solution so far is to import the object into Entity Workshop v2 by Wehtam ( a godsend of a program for fpsc and fpsc x10) Just import the sign into the program and load its texture, then re-save with a different name. the sign will then react to the lights you place near them properly.

I don't know if there is a way of doing this within fpsc, but if there is I'm sure some-one will post it. If not, then this will work.

You can get Entity Workshop v2 by Wehtam from www.wehtam.co.uk its free and an excellent program. Could do with being upgraded a bit to be a little more friendly when saving - eg, to same name as loaded file and increasing/decreasing sizes more than it allows. But still one of the best programs out there.

Other great programs are magic fps and signs IV, both worth buying and can help with solving the problem.
Aydan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 14:08
Ah thank you Holloguts. I'll download it right now and try it out! If it works then I'm gonna be well happy
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 17:45
The ambience level sometimes can make textures not appear.

To fix: Make sure that in the .fpe, the textures are in the right place and you're not using a shader without the required maps. Then delete the .dbo and .fps for the model.

The Simon Cowell of TGC.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 05:22:09
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 05:22:09