Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / For Use Without FPS Creator

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 01:37
I have been recently thinking of purchasing another engine, RealmCrafter to be specific, but I'm horrible when it comes to 3d modeling and they don't have quite enough models to make a full MMO. I was rummaging through the model packs just to look and I remembered the "For Use Without FPS Creator" thing and I was wondering can it only be used for DarkBasic?
Quote: "
Once purchased the media has been packaged in such a way to enable you to enjoy the content immediately within FPS Creator. This pack can also be used with other applications such as DarkBASIC Professional, however users of other applications or development languages will need to extract and convert the files for use themselves."

That quote says applications such as DarkBasic. So if I was to purchase a model pack, could I use them in RealmCrafter?

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 01:50
I'd wait until Realm Crafter Pro comes out after the beta testing if I were you.

It has serious potential and going to purchase this myself after trying the standard edition demo.

One thing I noticed was the camera seemed a little bumpy when moving your character around a custom made terrain zone. Maybe it was just me and I doubt that will be an issue in the Pro version.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 02:36
Well I read somewhere that if you buy RC before July 30th you get RC Pro upgrade for free. If that's not true then I'm waiting. It might not be RC Pro I just know you get some kind of upgrade for free.

But do you know if I could use one of the model packs here for RC?

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 10:22
Realmcrafter loads .x files if I am not wrong. I just had truobles with the .dds textures but it seems like that problem is fixed in a later update. So it should work. Otherwize you could just convert it into the RC formate wich is Blitz Basic 3D I think (it was really long time since I used RC )

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 10:43
Thank you very much. RC does load .X but I believe animated models must be in .b3d and I'm sure there are converters out there. I'm not too worried about getting them into RC and they can be scaled in RC it was just whether or not I could use the models. Thanks again.

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 13:16
I asked Rick a time ago about using FPSC models in RC, and he said it was OK. And now when RC is restributed by TGC I dont think you should worry

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 05:26:27
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 05:26:27