Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I finally got DarkPhysics to work and Im working on a nice little RigidBodies Feature demo for the competition. This is my first time actually using DarkPhysics and so far I have most of the concept down. I am having trouble with two materials Im trying to make. A bouncy ball material. And a sticky ball material.

The bouncy one wont bounce that much, even with restitution at 1.
The sticky one wont stick, it just goes up a little bounces around and rolls away. The limit for friction and restitution is 0-1 is it not? How do I make it totally stop for the sticky one? And how can I make the bouncy one bounce more.?
Kendor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 08:01
Your problem is that upon collision, DarkPhysics is taking the average between the ball material and the other colliding body material.

Take a look at PHY SET MATERIAL FRICTION COMBINE and PHY SET MATERIAL RESTITUTION COMBINE to allow only the material of the ball to be used.

Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why.
Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why.
Antigroup
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 08:27 Edited at: 9th Jul 2008 08:28
i forgot to mention that I already set restitution combine to multiply. I think the problem is that the ball doesn't move very fast to start off with. I will just make it fall from a higher place.

edit: oh ya I just thought about what you just said. With 1 or something times something less than one. Thats not gonna get bigger like I thought. Oops

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 02:05:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 02:05:22