Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / Road Rash brought back to life

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 19:38
Any of you old timers out there remember the original Road Rash on the megadrive? If so, you'll remember it had some of the best game music of all time (imo anyway! ). So, for reasons I can't explain, I took it upon myself to recreate my favourite track in the game, from scratch. It's pretty true to the original soundtrack (notation and melody wise), but has my own flavours added.

Fallout - Road Rash (MP3)

And here's the original for comparison, recorded straight from my mates medieval megadrive.

Road Rash original

Let me know what you think.

Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 20:38
In my younger days, I played road rash on the playstation. Perhaps a bit too much. But the PS version had mostly rock and metal tracks. I had no objections to that though.

Had a listen, very good. You kept that retro feel and spiced it up a bit. I like how it changed every time it was starting to get repetitive. Must have been a challenge since the original was repetitive enough. Also, I didn't mean any disrespect towards your favourite game track. It's just that I never been fond of amiga or sega sounds, they tear my ears apart. Yours sounded nice though.

This message was brought to you by Grandma industries.

Making yesterdays games, today!
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 22:18
Ah yes, sounds nice
Overall, I agree with Grandma.
I've actually never played the game though, but I figure the original would get pretty repetive in-game.
Your version, as Grandma said, would probably have a much greater duration though

"I kören hörs de brummande busarna Björnligan och Gondolen"
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2008 06:48
Very nice Fallout, I remember Road Rash back in the day. Very nice recreation, brought me back a bit.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly Yellow)
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2008 11:29
I like road rash 2 the most for sega genesis.

It rocks

I always used that cheat.....hold up+a+c and press start.
For the fast bike
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2008 15:41
Cheers guys! Glad it's liked. Can't beat the old skool arcadey melodies.

Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2008 22:37
hey, would I or anyone else be allowed to use this in a (non commercial) game? (With credit to you of course)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 17:37:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 17:37:38