Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] attempting to design some arenas

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
okay so I'm messing about with the fpsc at right now, as my imagination is pretty bad, I've decided to scrap the idea of trying to make a single player game and instead design some battle arenas, sure it probably won't be anything like the classic quake III Arena style, but I'm bored and I'm going to give it ago

Jon Moreton
sonicreator 2006
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2008 16:29
i have a good imagination, but not the commitment. Im very lazy too, so I don't want to have to do alot of work, but its easier with a plot designer, and an entire art department behind you.

But its summer and my plot designer is SLEEPING, and my ENTIRE art department took the summer off... AT THE SAME TIME AS EACH OTHER!!!!
*&#$(@&#(@(@#$&@!%!&#%@^!@%##&@^!&%&#*@%^$&*!#@&^$&%@$%&@^&*#%@%&%#*&

ok, so basicly, the art is to imagine real life places, and ask your self, where would this go? how big should the room be? where should teh spawn points be? and your game will be done quickly.

hope i could help (i know my designers cant)

-SC
++Will++
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2008 16:37 Edited at: 10th Jul 2008 23:55
Quote: "okay so I'm messing about with the fpsc at right now, as my imagination is pretty bad, I've decided to scrap the idea of trying to make a single player game and instead design some battle arenas, sure it probably won't be anything like the classic quake III Arena style, but I'm bored and I'm going to give it ago"

What does this have to do with anything? This is from top to bottom another utterly useless way to consume space and a very indiscriminate thread that provides no relevance to anything anyone cares about. Do not make threads that have no real meaning other than to say "look at me" because I don't care about your issues in FPSC unless you have bug report, releasing a model, or are showing off a game in which case I might help you out but otherwise I couldn't give a heck about someone who wishes to make a thread just to say that they have a horrible imagination and that they really suck at creating single player games while simultaneously degrading anyone whose previously liked their work and in a triumphant chorus of syllables and sounds, saying fastidious things about Quake 3. Do not post until you have something real to show us. Now, until then...keep your personal things, well...personal.

If you want some help creating single player games, I would be happy to help you out. Just email me. Obligatorily, I have to be constructive, so here it is. "I hope you succeed in your endeavors. Good luck in all you attempt to do."

++Will++

++Will's++ Music Packs- FREE!!
Go to the Models and Media section!
jondx18
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2008 11:58 Edited at: 11th Jul 2008 13:27
your a <MOD EDIT>, fpsc isn't all that great anyway, the actual engine behind it I would say matched graphics to Duke Nukem 3D as in a 1996 game, all I simply said was that fpsc MIGHT have the potential to make some half decent arenas, MIGHT. Also, it's one thread, one little thread, oooooooo oh my God, we're kinda running low on space in the forums. GROW UP! I get I might be sounding kinda childish but I think that I'm making some very good points. This forum is a disgrace, it's nothing but a total flame war, and believe me I've searched the forums for advice in the past and the advice is usually just poor.

Jon Moreton
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2008 13:32
Very Mature. This kind of discussion is not tolerated - for the sake of the rest of the community.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 05:29:21
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 05:29:21