Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Undead Chernobyl (FPS)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 22:08 Edited at: 26th Aug 2008 22:14
the game looks good but... i feel the bloom is a bit overkill. perhaps tone it down a bit and it would look real nice.

edit: oops, didnt read that that was the 'drug' effect. i thought that was the actual gameplay throughout the game. lol my bad

memblocks? now that you said it you pretty much have to tell the community how you pulled it off. I sure am curious though...

If at first you dont succeed, call it version 1.0.
3DSchumi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2008 08:35
Quote: "memblocks? now that you said it you pretty much have to tell the community how you pulled it off. I sure am curious though... "
Have some problems with memblocks?
Using memblocks is very simple... you just need to create it into system memory:
BASIC EXAMPLE OF THE BLOOM

I knot this is not a good example... i'm a full time worker, so I can post the real working example of "memblock bloom" later from my home.
Homey the Clown
Years of Service
User Offline
oh i definitely know how to use memblocks. the thing that makes me curious is that i know that making post-processing image effects can kill your framerate (i once was working on a motion blur software shader but gave up cause it was waaay to slow). i had a feeling you were using system memory. im not, however, good with working with system memory. i also was curious on what your algorithm was for calculating the bloom.

If at first you dont succeed, call it version 1.0.
3DSchumi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2008 20:40 Edited at: 3rd Sep 2008 21:25
[You may not ask for pirated software on these forums. Don't do it again - IanM]
Accoun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2008 21:04
Quote: "Friends, I need HELP! I've created the collision system based on Nuclear Glory Collision (NGC v401) but it works only 5 minutes (trial version). My game will be absolutely free, so I can't by NGC for 60$. Can someone give me a link to download full version or serrial? Please mail me at 3DSchuminator[at]gmail.com
Help me and you'll be in the creadits of the game . I promise! "

Maybe someone could, but the mods would kill both of you, because it's piracy...

Make games, not war.
Andrew Neale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2008 21:10
Um...might i suggest you edit your post to not suggest illegal activity before a mod comes across this? Unless you're suggesting someone actually buy it just for you, in which case, good luck.

The alternative, switch to sparky's free collision plugin.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2008 21:25
Too late. I think we'll keep an eye on his posts for a few weeks.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2008 21:34
Quote: "Help me and you'll be in the creadits of the game . I promise!"

... "and I'd like to thanks xxxx for supplying me with an illegally cracked copy of Nuclear Glory Collision."

lol!

3DSchumi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2008 21:54
Quote: ""and I'd like to thanks xxxx for supplying me with an illegally cracked copy of Nuclear Glory Collision.""
No! I simply want to know is anybody purchased NGC? Possibly we then will join forces in writing the game. I do not ask to send me piratic software, bun NGC dosn't work without serrial key longer then 5 minutes. I just asking if someone can help with NGC and wishes to become the coauthor of project – help with NGC. Nothing illegal if this man has the licensed version of NGC.
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2008 22:56
Quote: "Can someone give me a link to download full version or serrial?"

Are them not your own words?

3DSchumi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2008 23:11
Quote: "Are them not your own words?"
Yep, but I mean if someone want to be a coautor - he can give me a link to download his copy of NGC or serrial. And if he will be coautor - we can use this soft for our project... nothing else...

Sorry if someone did not understand me right, it's to hard for me to talk in English.

P.S. Am I so mad to ask the piratic programs on official TGC forum? The answer is NO. That was just misunderstanding. And I want to ask all to forget about it.
PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2008 03:16
Quote: "I never got stalker because I heard it was pretty bad from a friend of mine. But I guess that also."

Stalker is NOT A CRAPPY GAME, i beat like 3 endings already, The game is Epic!

if you think its crappy, you are probobly playing the english version, But if you do not know russian like me, you cant really choose can you?

this is some really kickass stuff you have there. I always thought there is a great lack of videogames that take place in the soviet union, But why always chernobyl? Ivanovo will be a ghost town in 50 years, make a scifi epic about that. Also i always thought that Moscow is a great setting for a GTA game, Russia should make its own GTA type game.

btw the COD4 chernobyl level is really awesome.

They do however exadurate the whole radiation thing, people still live near chernobyl and are not affected by radiation

dont hate people who rip you off,cheat and get away with it, learn from them
3DSchumi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2008 08:12
Quote: "people still live near chernobyl and are not affected by radiation"
Right!. And I can say that about 1000 people still living inside Chernobyl...

Ok. Now about the game:

1 - Reconstructed collision system to use Sparky. Works a bit slower then NGC v401 but it is free .
2 - Finished AI for all NPC.
3 - First location is finished. The player will start near the unfinished 5 reactor core.

Demo version of the game will be released in the first part of october, so I think that there is no need to post screenshots and video...

BTW! The game will be on ukrainian and russian lang., but specially for TGC members I'll make a subtitles and english menu.
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2008 17:51
I'm planning on visiting Chernobyl in person so this looks very interesting to me

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2008 02:52
Quote: " Reconstructed collision system to use Sparky. Works a bit slower then NGC v401"

I always heard Sparky's was faster - of course, that could have been with an older version of NGC...

3DSchumi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2008 08:36
Quote: "I always heard Sparky's was faster - of course, that could have been with an older version of NGC..."
I use 150 3DBOX primitives (make object box,blablabla) for collisions. My LOD Engine 2 works only with DBPro 3D objects for calculating collisions. So, in this situation (150 collision boxes) NGC v401 works a bit faster then Sparky... but not to much.

Quote: "I'm planning on visiting Chernobyl in person so this looks very interesting to me "
I was there 30 days ago... WERY INTERESTING PLACE, it is hard to explain on words... but you will remember Zone for many-many years, to the final day of you life...
3DSchumi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2008 13:47
Hi friends! The project is not dead , new level editor for the game is finished! Now i can start redeveloping game levels.

Screenshot of my level editor attached.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
3DSchumi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2008 13:55
and a generated shadowmap screenshot

Attachments

Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2008 03:50
Very intresting project you got there Schumi nice work keep it up, i will be watching it

Marvin the Magician by Soharix
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=141496&b=8&p=0
Accoun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2009 07:12
Nice to see it's still alive. ^^

Make games, not war.

3DSchumi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2009 10:59 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2009 11:05
Hi, the project is still alive . At this moment i'm working on locations. 3 locations is allready done, and i need to build 3 more. Locations size: 2048 x 2048 m. I have started to build location #4 this morning, here some screenshots from editor:

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 19:53:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 19:53:54