Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Runtime error 3002-can't load .wav files

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
New to DB Pro for a couple of days. I'm using the User manual plus the DarkBasic Programming book and I'm trying to complete the project on Pong. Here's the first 26 lines of code:

Program bombs out when it hits line 25, "LOAD SOUND "sounds/hitmetal.wav", 1" and then gives the error "runtime error 3002 cannot load sound line 25." I tried different ways of writing the LOAD SOUND line but none work. Wiped out and reinstalled and updated to version 6.9. Is there an obvious mistake I'm making? If not, where should I look next to troubleshoot this? In advance, thanks.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2008 00:33
It's a little hard to say, but you are probably not using a project file.

Take the attached zip file and unzip it somewhere, then drop your sounds into the prepared sound folder. Finally, double-click the .dbpro file (not the .dba) and compile and run the code.

If it works, then it's because you didn't set up the project correctly - most likely you didn't have a project file and because of that the compiler runs your code in a temp folder.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Outscape
Years of Service
User Offline
you also may want to convert the wav to mp3 to conserve space

Creators of Outscape

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=132472&b=8
helot2000
Years of Service
User Offline
You got it, Ian. I was not using a project file. Problem is now solved and Pong has full sound effects. On to something more difficult.

Thanks for your help!
Anti Human
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2008 00:45
it's not the same problem but since it's on sound i'l post it here.

i'v got a sound for when the player dies. it's worked at one time. i didn't change the commands or the sound file but now it doesn't play the sound the first time through the program, then returns a 3004 error 'sound does not exisit'

and it does it when i try to delete any of the sounds.

Today is a good day, at least compared to tomorrow.
And every day is a good day to die, because then, there is no tomorrow

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 22:54:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 22:54:43