Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Scriptable Weapons: What If?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2008 01:51
I've been pondering over scriptable weapons, and I've thrown my idea around to some people, including lee (although I doubt it will be incorporated into v2). Scriptable weapons would open FPSC to many possibilities, gravity gun, healing weapons, ironsights and such, melee attacks, the works could all be scripted. Heck, with use of plrsound and soundscale, silenced weapons are a likely possibility. Possibly thrown items that dont explode (did anyone say throwing knives?) and possibly even bullet projectiles? Think, you could have a gun modeled with a light and set it up to work in tangent with the flashlight script. And think, wouldnt this encourage new people to learn to script? I see no downside!

I love Jenkins forever :p
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2008 03:45
except the extra scripts MIGHT decrease framerate(isn't AI processing what drags framerate down the most?) but other than that possible downside i see absolutely no downside to it.

I know not what WWIII will be fought but I do know that WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones-Albert Einstein
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2008 04:06
good point

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2008 04:10 Edited at: 14th Jul 2008 04:21
@ Dar13:
I'll do a little test thing about that in a sec...

EDIT:
Huh... Character entities disappear when they are set to static...
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2008 04:56
huh? What does that have to do with weapon scripting

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "
except the extra scripts MIGHT decrease framerate(isn't AI processing what drags framerate down the most?) but other than that possible downside i see absolutely no downside to it.
"

I was going to test how much of an effect scripts have on the framerate...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 05:22:56
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 05:22:56