Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / A Hero Falls [New Song]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2008 02:49
This is my newest composition, entitled 'A Hero Falls'. This is my first song for sale, but to be honest, it probably isn't going to sell very well lol. I thought my 'Last Breath' song was a bit better by "that much". (quote from the movie 'Get Smart')

So yeah, go here to listen to the song, and comment/buy (or not, you know lol).

-Dan

http://Freewebs.com/noobisoft
Come to Noobisoft's website today!
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2008 09:03
Well, it sounds pretty good, allthough the piano seems to have a bit too much reverb agan, and the cello part leading up to ~40 seconds is pretty repetive. After that it works a bit better, but it still sounds rather repetive and most of all empty in places.
Normally one would perhaps put some tones in the piano's bass clef on a song like this and maybe even add an ambient full strings section.

"I kören hörs de brummande busarna Björnligan och Gondolen"
The crazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2008 09:11
dpp, would you be willing to make some cartoonish music for my game? email me at crydrk@sbcglobal.net if interested

And if you're really charging 99 cents a song on that site I can afford to pay you
da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2008 20:31 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2008 20:37
Email sent

-Dan

http://Freewebs.com/noobisoft
Come to Noobisoft's website today!
Bad Monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
I like how it started. But then the song gets repetitive. It needs to change and cresendo if you're going to have it that length.

Visit my website:
http://www.artistsareus.com
Choinkees
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 15:42
I like the general idea, but two things:
- I think the piano and cello clash.. their sounds get lost in eachother as they seem to be on the same octave (maybe push the piano one octave higher to give it more separation? or vary the volume the notes are played?)
- The cello drops out (good) and the piano moves onto a new phrase.. but for me it just sounds a bit too monotonous.. as if it has more notes than it really needs to have. Just sounds a bit robotic..

Maybe adding in some volume dynamics.. start the line off loud then calm it down, or slowly build it up or something... ?

games and stuff that I've made: www.rickyvuckovic.com
NGXmusical
Years of Service
User Offline
I think its pretty interesting and unique on how you composed and mix your notes.

The sound quality could be improved but I would say the overall composition is pretty good.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 12:26:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 12:26:41