Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC DPBPro and GDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've been searching these forums to answer a few questions and am not quite 100% so here goes...

1) I beleive You can download the FPSC source into DBPro is this correct? Does this mean if I own DBPro I don't need to get FPSC because I can already effectively have it?

2) Is it possible to use FPSC in Dark GDK... if not is there a possibility that this may at some stage happen. The TGC website says DBPro is slower than GDK. I'm guessing FPSC was written in DBpro (see 1 above) so if it was "ported" to GDK would it speed up?

You see I like the idea of FPSC but know that in the long run I'm bound to want to "get under the hood" and have a bloody good tinker. Is it possible to do this? How?

3) It's possible to load maps made in FPSC into GDK but does this load all objects, lights etc. What I mean is if I make something with FPSC could I be able to "get at it" at a lower level via GDK or DBPro?

4) Last question... I've read about piracy and the fact you should buy the product directly from the vendor. Well I've seen FPSC available on Ebay and Amazon. Is it illegal to buy from these people? If not do I lose anything buy buying from them as some of them sell at half the price of the TGC website so I'm guessing you get something extra?

Skcollob
Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2008 15:34 Edited at: 14th Jul 2008 15:34
Quote: "1) I beleive You can download the FPSC source into DBPro is this correct? Does this mean if I own DBPro I don't need to get FPSC because I can already effectively have it?"

No, because you can only get the FPSC-Game.exe-Source, not the Editors's Source, not the media included, nothing but the FPSC-Game.exe Source - v1.07 only, by the way

Quote: "2) Is it possible to use FPSC in Dark GDK... if not is there a possibility that this may at some stage happen. The TGC website says DBPro is slower than GDK. I'm guessing FPSC was written in DBpro (see 1 above) so if it was "ported" to GDK would it speed up?"

Such Porting-Process would take some time and I'm not quite sure if you're able to port everything (for example, what about ODE?)

Quote: "3) It's possible to load maps made in FPSC into GDK but does this load all objects, lights etc. What I mean is if I make something with FPSC could I be able to "get at it" at a lower level via GDK or DBPro?"

Sure you can load .dbo files, but you would need to load the entities and all that stuff - let's say: you need an object loading/management system like FPSC has

Quote: "4) Last question... I've read about piracy and the fact you should buy the product directly from the vendor. Well I've seen FPSC available on Ebay and Amazon. Is it illegal to buy from these people? If not do I lose anything buy buying from them as some of them sell at half the price of the TGC website so I'm guessing you get something extra?"

mhh I don't know, never really dealt with it

Intel Xeon 3350 Quad@2,67GHz, Asus Commando, 2GB RAM, Thermaltake Shark, Sapphire Radeon HD2900XT, Samsung Syncmaster 245B 24"
Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
In answer to question number 4, yes, you can buy from places such as eBay and Amazon and it's perfectly legal.

Oh, and for 3, yes, when you build the game in FPSC, the level is created as a .DBO file. You can load that DBO file into DBPRO/DGDK and have your level all in. You will need to do the texturing yourself, but that's easy, just load the textures like you would a normal image, and apply them to each limb of the .DBO created.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 05:26:32
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 05:26:32