Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC Free Media Browser - Alpha Release

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2008 22:15
What is FPSC Media Browser?
FPSC Media Browser is a free application made by Gunn3r Games to help you, the FPSC user, find free media from the forums. With a constantly updating database, the list of free media will expand.

Why isn't the list bigger?
This is an alpha version, so it doesn't have the completed database yet. Upon completion, the program will be closed off for a closed beta test, and then re-released as a full product. The program will feature a dialog box that appears with the download link, screenshots of the model and more.

Why don't the download links work?
Again, this is an alpha version, and that is being worked on. It will be working shortly, as I still have to figure out how to open the new window with the specific database record selected.

Where can I get it?
You can download the alpha version from this page. The application will automatically run after the install. As of right now, the program will check the Gunn3r Games site for updates and download them if needed.

What does it look like?
It looks similar to the attached screenshot. The screenshots on the Models and Media thread are outdated, aside from the last couple.

If you have any blinding insights of how to open the new form to the specific database entry based off of where the user clicked, please let me know. If you would like to take a look at the source, email me, and if I think I can trust you, I'll send you what I have.

Gunn3r Games

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 00:30
Replied.

Anyone else downloaded it?

Gunn3r Games
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 03:13
it takes me to a weird site and when i try to launch the program it gets a HTTP 404 error otherwise it looks good.

I know not what WWIII will be fought but I do know that WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones-Albert Einstein
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 04:13
Don't click "launch". Click Install.

Gunn3r Games
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah, good old Visual Basic. If you need any help developing, email me.

Temporarly away from the Phoenix Sentry.
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 05:24
Email sent, crispex. I do have a question, and once it's answered, this will go into a closed beta version. Once that beta version is over, the only updates that you guys should need would be addons to the database.

Gunn3r Games
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 21:33 Edited at: 16th Jul 2008 21:41
Here is the current source for this program. (NOTE: The final source will not be open source.)

Gunn3r Games

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 05:24:13
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 05:24:13