Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Unable to load any media?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey everyone. I just started C++ again once I found out about the DarkGDK. I practiced a bit and managed to draw a cube, color it, and use arrow keys to rotate it. But I kinda wanted to give it a texture, and maybe a whole other model. However, whenever I use codes to load something, such as a model, I always get an exception when it's trying to load it... The message I get is...
Quote: "First-chance exception at 0x7c812a5b in Dark GDK - Game2.exe: 0x000006BA: The RPC server is unavailable."

I tried to load a custom model, texture, and a model/texture from the samples. Neither seemed to work, I just kept getting that. The samples work fine. The code I use to load the models is...
Or something like that, with the location changed. I've tried the dbSetDir("Something such as Media\\"); like used in the samples, and using the LoadObject method to load it without the Media\\, but that didn't work. So can someone tell me what my problem is? Thanks,

~Lin
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 17:29
Quote: "Or something like that"

If you want us to help with a programming issue you generally need to post code, not what your code might look like.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 03:16:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 03:16:58