Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Demon Sun PRE Relese BETA

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 11:33
Well guys,
After 3 years of work, DS V1 is almost done. Im estimating that the fianl release should be with you all in about 2-3 weeks due to im away for vacation for part of the time, so it may take a bit longer to get V1 out of the door, but I just thought I would let all you guys know that DS didnt die, and I was just keeping it under wraps while it was undergoing some major tweeks.

Anyway, thats the major news

Stay tuned

CoZ

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 11:36
Awesome man. Looking forward to it.

[url=][/url]The Ultimate Fpsc Mod, sprite particles, intense battles, high fps, 40 characters, one room.
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 11:42
Great to see you drop in, coz. I'm looking forward to seeing the final result of Demon Sun.

Check out the Gunn3r Games web-site and its growing community, and expand the joy of indie development!
http://www.gunn3rgames.net/
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 12:17
And something for us who have no idea what Demon Sun is?
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 12:18
Its a game, one that was well known, and suddenly appeared to have died. Search the Showcase forums.
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 12:27
Ok... I found a locked 26 page thread. I don't want to spend my time going through that to find out why this game should be great.

Shouldn't this thread be locked to by the way? An announcement in the wrong forum without any screenshot and no useable information other than something like "I'm going on vacation so stay tuned".
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 12:43
CoZ has been absent from the FPSC boards a bit, I think he moved over to being a regular at IGDN instead. The fans of his work didn't all leave with him, though, so I'm guessing he made the announcment to let us know that him and his project are still alive.

Check out the Gunn3r Games web-site and its growing community, and expand the joy of indie development!
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 13:36
And apparently the well known and "holy" members can do so, But the newcomers can't. Mainly because they won't listen to reason though.
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 20:45
I was about to ask where this had gone...

Gunn3r Games
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 00:58
Quote: "And apparently the well known and "holy" members can do so,"

?

Great news Josh, am I still hosting your game on my site? Because I kinda don't have a site at the moment, been rather busy. When I eventually get the site back up, you wouldn't mind, would you?
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 02:36
nice to know you're finishing it up soon CoZ can't wait for the final version.

I know not what WWIII will be fought but I do know that WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones-Albert Einstein
puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Cannot wait.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 10:34
Inspire, I meant to say that the ones everyone looks up to, can just do about everything. Post no screenshots, no information nothing. but just topics like this. However, if some newcomer did this, which no one really knew about. It would get locked before you could even read the whole topic!
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 13:07
Thanks for the kind comments everyone

@Prince Of Darkness: Fair point, but I believe what I am doing is not against the AUP. I am aware that screen shots are required before a thread can be made in the showcase forum, but this being the FPSC Chat board, screen shots are not automatically required.

-CoZ-

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 13:15
Quote: "@Prince Of Darkness: Fair point, but I believe what I am doing is not against the AUP. I am aware that screen shots are required before a thread can be made in the showcase forum, but this being the FPSC Chat board, screen shots are not automatically required."

True, but if... for example, I did this... It would get locked.
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 13:18
Quote: "I did this... It would get locked. "

What makes you think that? All users are treated as equals by the Mods on this forum (apart from pirates). There are no "One set of rules for one user" and one for another.

-CoZ-

Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 13:29
I don't think other threads like this would've gotten locked, it's not really against the AUP and it's an easy way to announce something without having to grab a screenshot off of your messy hard-drive.

It's sort of like the pre-production discussion Gunn3r made about his project. He had an idea, but no screenies, so he posted it here instead of the showcase.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 15:00 Edited at: 17th Jul 2008 15:01
Great to see you back.

You'll Know When You See It.

Signature made by me.
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 18:11
Quote: "
It's sort of like the pre-production discussion Gunn3r made about his project. He had an idea, but no screenies, so he posted it here instead of the showcase."

Actually, I had a contest going on... To decide the name of the game. It eventually got to the showcase, but is now buried within the depths of the boards. (Guess I should update it somehow...)

Either way, it's good to see that you aren't dead, and that you haven't given up making Demon Sun, CoZ.

Gunn3r Games
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 18:32
Can't wait to see it COZ. I'm a big fan.

Best.

Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 19:00
Quote: "Actually, I had a contest going on..."

Ah, yeah. Forgot about that. But it was sort of along the same lines, a semi-showcase'y thread without screenshots.

Anyhow, when can we expect some eye-candy to please us excited fans, CoZ? Or are you waiting with that until you make an announcment for the full version?

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 23:24
I am glad to see that your game is comming along nicely. Hope to see it soon.

Off-topic: Roger Wilco, go and check our forum (Sorry CoZ)

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2008 07:43
Considering this is not a Showcase thread, but simply an announcement of the project's completion, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that since we don't HAVE an "FPSC Program Announcements" board an the "Program Announcements" board has some...*ahem*...understood rules that only allow NON-<insert Drag and Drop Software here> project, then this would be the place to put it.

The one and only,

Whosoever says, "Don't sweat the small stuff," is obviously not a programmer.
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice. Great announcement.

Astek

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Def a game worth the wait.

best s4real

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2008 19:45
Have you found a publisher for Demon Sun yet?

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2008 03:25 Edited at: 20th Jul 2008 03:30
Just to clarify or not perhaps. Posts are locked or not by Mods depending upon many factors. Mods here have a large degree of flexibility in their decision making and how they treat what may seem like similar posts or posters.

Importantly the quality of a thread/post and yes the poster may have an important bearing and that may carry considerable weight.

That in no way precludes anyone whether or not they are a well known member of some standing from posting threads which will equally gain the respect of other members here whether Moderators or not and such threads/posts will undoubtedly be given the same fairness of treatment and respect as any other.

i.e. Post sensibly and with some professionalism and everyone, Mods included will treat you and your posts with the respect they will then deserve.

Now the Message from creator of zombies is understood. We look forward to the forthcoming release at which time we will no doubt see a further thread and the obligatory Screen Shots in the Showcase Forum.

The message and point is made and understood.

That being the case and for no other reason this thread can now be locked.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 05:29:37
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 05:29:37