Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / .DBO Map Collision

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I fairly new to Dark GDK (started yesterday) so bare with me.

My question is:

How can I implement collision detection with my .dbo level?

I did a search and saw a previous post referencing to Sparky's Collision DLL, but I'm not exactly sure how to get it to work in relation to my .DBO map.

If anyone could give me some pointers I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

[img]www.keydigit.com/SKY.gif[/img]
SKY Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I figured out how to get Sparky's collision library to work, but the player moves to slow.

Does anyone know how to increase the players movement speed on his sliding collision example?

Thanks in advance

[img]www.keydigit.com/SKY.gif[/img]
System error
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2008 19:51
I have not used sparky's collision *.lib, but I'd imagine it's simple Physics.. use a loop to test conditions for collision detection, and the increment the desired value of speed, It would probably be (a) Acceleration (As that is how quickly you're speeding up); the common formula for that is working out the change in (v), then a = v/t = (?-?) = ? = ? m/s.

Or you could also (Which may be a better option) use the speed, distance, time formula, s = d/t = value = result.

http://virtualworld.synthasite.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 03:24:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 03:24:26