Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Selling Games

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
If i was to sell my games (for a small price) using only items available in FPSC and its official item packs, Were do i stand with the effects to legal/red-tape?

Any and all help would be widely appriciated, thanks

Never Ever Catch Sight Of The One Thing That Makes You Never Want To See It Again
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2008 20:17 Edited at: 18th Jul 2008 20:20
There is no red-tape. What did you think was
preventing from doing so? There is no royalty fee.

However X10 has a different license agreement.

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
bobochobo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2008 11:28
Yep you can sell for as much as you want without anyone else seeing any of it!
If you can atcually sell your games, i mean they would have to be really, really good to make any profit....
lukex10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2008 19:09
when the v2 is out it wont we will have really good commercial quality games.

New pc for chrismas, Nvidia 9800gtx ,ADM phenom 6.3ghz, 4gb ram ,250 gb hard drive.windows vista home premium.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2008 19:25
Not necessarily. No offense, but a bloomed up game with water effects isn't a commercial game. I haet it when people think that if their game has Fresnel water in it, then everyone will love it.

If you do that, and make the story compelling, the gameplay addictive, and the performance fluid, you just might have a chance......

5867Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Not necessarily. No offense, but a bloomed up game with water effects isn't a commercial game. I haet it when people think that if their game has Fresnel water in it, then everyone will love it."

I think that too. When I see X10 games most of their screenshots are water-logged and I think 'Cheap nasty game'
Water is alright say if you have it a few cm's up so you are walking through water with the water up to your virtual 'toes'

Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2008 00:06
I think you're still seeing people experiment with X10. I'd be suspect of a game that's already out when X10 has only been around for 6-7 months.

Coffee is right, most of the changes are like a special effect in a movie. The movie still has to be good. Graphic and effect make it "watchable," beyond that it's up to the game story/design.

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2008 00:18
My pet hate is uber-bloom......don't pretend you don't know what I mean, you know those screens that bump the bloom up so high that my eyes hurt and you can't see anything.....

I actually didn't put the blurwidth very high at all on EFX, as the less it is the better it looks.....

Enough about bashing graphically intensive yet shallow games, I recommend that you look at Nickydude's guide/The Official Community Guide for more info on successful and compelling game design....

Oh, and welcome to the forums..

Crazyx
Years of Service
User Offline
I would sell one of my games but i would wait and release free versions untill i get great feedback from people cause no game can be perfect but am working as hard as i can to make it a very very great game

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 05:29:08
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 05:29:08