Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / DBPro Upgrade 7.0 Beta Test

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2008 17:15
I haven't read the three las pages, but i think this comand have problems in U 6.7 - 6.9, when it has to check animated .x objects.

perform checklist for onscreen objects

I opened a tread on that:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=137250&b=1

Thanks.
Omen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2008 20:25
More information on "Error: Runtime Error 1513 - Display cannot be created due to insufficient video memory at line 0"

Immediately after receiving this error, I am able to run other graphics-intensive applications that run in fullscreen mode, like 3D modeling programs and fullscreen games... so, this looks like it is a problem specific to DBPro-compiled applications.

I have also tried all of the following:
1) Running a registry cleaner
2) Re-installing DBPro (version 7.0 beta 4)
3) Rerunning the DirectX SDK install (to make sure all driver updates were installed)
4) Removing and re-installing latest display drivers

Result: problem persists in 7.0 beta 4, but still does not occur in version 6.9

Jeff Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2008 01:40
Good catch pcraider! Two of my programs that ran correctly were running crazy after the late update and I couldn't figure where the problems were. The Set Current Camera to zero, when used after making camera 1, is not resetting the current camera to zero. Glad I read your post.
Omen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2008 00:58 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2008 01:01
@Lee

The ADD LOD TO OBJECT command in version 7 beta 4 seems to work on only an extremely limited range of DirectX formats -- in fact, I can't get it to work on anything except the "trunk_LOD" models included in the snippets folder.

Can you provide some guidelines for exactly which formats are supported? DX models exported from all the following programs simply don't work: Milkshape, Truespace, FragMotion, and LithUnwrap.

Attached you'll find code and models (GameFXLOD2.zip) that demonstrate the problem.

Edit: The Runtime Error 1513 persists, I have to change my display settings and back again after every program run to run something again in version 7.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Random color object
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2008 20:12 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2008 23:47
When I have a help command index open, I press ALT+TAB to switch to another window, but the command help stay in on top.

Also found out that the tool options are not working well, you select one and you loose all the other. ex: I choosed Unable source line... and I lost instantly the code highlighter and the ligne number.

-Win XP SP3 -P4 3go/Ge Force 9800 GTX+ driver 177.92
PhysX 08.09.04
DBP + Dark A.I. + Dark Physics + Easy Rotate + enhancement + Sprite Packe
pcRaider
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2008 08:00 Edited at: 24th Sep 2008 08:01
helpfile
A cos() command

2.5 ??
Is not this confused?

Attachments

Jeff Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2008 13:40
Yes. The argument value for ACOS and ASIN should be in the range -1 to +1.

In the brief description of ATAN it describes the return range as 0 to 360. This should be -89.99... to +89.99... It actually can be -90 or +90 because of rounding, although strictly speaking those returns aren't defined.
Jeff Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2008 14:05
Also, the help for the hyperbolic functions should include some conspicuous warning that DBP requires the argument to be multiplied by 180/PI as if it were a radian that needed to be converted to degrees. (In practice the argument is generally a distance, such as the height of a point on a hanging cable as an HSIN function of the horizontal distance from the low point.) The way the functions work in DBP does not satisfy their definitions. See
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=109160&b=1
pcRaider
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2008 15:20 Edited at: 25th Sep 2008 15:21
New Help file
CALL DLL X
integer/string
Is not it a mistake?

Attachments

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2008 16:58
I'm having the same issue as Towfieee (AddPCKToEXE). It seemed to be working fine and this popped up rather suddenly. It compiles much slower than usual and eventually fails with this error message.

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2008 17:36
I usually get that error whenever I try to compile while the old compiled .exe is still running. So maybe you two did the same thing! Aja bajja!

Towfieee
Years of Service
User Offline
AIRSLIDE ..... turn off your antivirus/firewall . I have "OneCare" And it looked like it updated itself one day and darkbasic stopped working right after that. I think the antivirus update added a function in the defense line called "ALSO LOOK FOR VIRUS-LIKE BEHAVIOR". And as you know "EXE" files are the biggest to look for when consedering safety.

This should work . Good luck
kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2008 22:20 Edited at: 26th Sep 2008 23:44
lee,

can you add another parameter to the 'make object cone' command so we will beable to set the number of sides the cone has?

EDIT: Ok ive cracked it myself. Heres the code if anyone else has the same problem. (Requires Matrix1Util 18 to compile) it also solves the problem with the back being transparent. And its indexbuffered so it runs quite fast.

Random color object
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2008 01:00
TEXTURE BACKDROP dose not exist, but still in the index

-Win XP SP3 -P4 3go/Ge Force 9600 GT driver 178.13
PhysX 08.09.04
DBP + Dark A.I. + Dark Physics + Easy Rotate + enhancement + Sprite Packe
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2008 03:34 Edited at: 27th Sep 2008 03:42
Quote: "I usually get that error whenever I try to compile while the old compiled .exe is still running. So maybe you two did the same thing! Aja bajja!"

This has happened, but not the case.

Quote: "AIRSLIDE ..... turn off your antivirus/firewall . I have "OneCare" And it looked like it updated itself one day and darkbasic stopped working right after that. I think the antivirus update added a function in the defense line called "ALSO LOOK FOR VIRUS-LIKE BEHAVIOR". And as you know "EXE" files are the biggest to look for when consedering safety.

This should work . Good luck"

I'll give this a go. I also have OneCare, and it seems to have been acting up lately. Says it can't start some clean-up service.

EDIT: Indeed, it was OneCare. Turning off anti-virus fixes the problem. I tried adding the compiler to the exclusion list but it didn't help, so for now I'll have to turn off my anti-virus while coding. Hopefully this will be addressed somehow by Microsoft.

TinTin
Years of Service
User Offline
Location: BORG Drone Ship - Being Assimilated near Roda Beta (28)
Posted: 27th Sep 2008 15:21
@Howdo
Sorry for the long delay, was away on business.

Yeah I've tried the Set Window Layout 0,1,0 command, unfortunatly ths removes the close window [x] box also.

I just want a non resizeable window, with title bar and close button, nothing more, nothing less....

Cyberspace was becoming overcrowded and slummy so I decided to move. These nice chaps gave me a lift.
TinTin
Years of Service
User Offline
Location: BORG Drone Ship - Being Assimilated near Roda Beta (28)
Posted: 27th Sep 2008 17:02
That sucks!!!

Maybee Lee could impliment the ORing that is used in most of the other programming languages, or maybe just use bit masking.

However this wouldn't be backwards compatable with the older versions of DBP unless he overrides the commands. Hmmm!

True Windows integration would support the following styles...

Extended Styles...
WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES (Handy For Drag'n'Drop Applications)
WS_EX_APPWINDOW
WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE
ES_EX_CONTEXHELP
WS_EX_CONTROLPARENT
WS_EX_DLGMODALFRAME
WS_EX_LEFT
WS_EX_LEFYSCROLLBAR
WS_EX_LTRREADING
WS_EX_MDICHILD
WS_EX_NOPARENTNOTIFY
WS_EX_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW <-- Commonly Used
WS_EX_PALETTEWINDOW
WS_EX_RIGHT
WS_EX_RIGHTSCROLLBAR
WS_EX_RTLREADING
WS_EX_STATICEDGE
WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW <-- Commonly Used
WS_EX_TOPMOST <-- Commonly Used
WS_EX_TRANSPARENT <-- Commonly Used
WS_EX_WINDOWEDGE
Normal Styles...
WS_BORDER (Thin Border)
WS_CAPTION <-- Commonly Used
WS_CHILD
WS_CHILDWINDOW
WS_CLIPCHILDREN
WS_CLIPSIBLINGS
WS_DISSABLED
WS_DLGFRAME
WS_GROUP
WS_HSCROLL
WS_ICONIC
WS_MAXIMIZE <-- Commonly Used
WS_MAXIMIZEBOX <-- Commonly Used (Maximize Button)
WS_MINIMIZE <-- Commonly Used
WS_MINIMIZEBOX <-- Commonly Used (Minimize Button)
WS_OVERLAPPED <-- Commonly Used
WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW <-- Commonly Used (Think this is what DBP uses )
WS_POPUP <-- Commonly Used
WS_POPUPWINDOW <-- Commonly Used
WS_SIZEBOX
WS_SYSMENU
WS_TABSTOP
WS_THICKFRAME (Resizable Window)
WS_TILED
WS_TILEDWINDOW
WS_VISIBLE (Used to Show Window)
WS_VSCROLL

Cyberspace was becoming overcrowded and slummy so I decided to move. These nice chaps gave me a lift.
revenant chaos
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2008 01:46 Edited at: 28th Sep 2008 01:49
You could always code your own title bar and X button. I had to do this in my editor to stop the user from accidentaly closing the program without saving their progress.
mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 09:07
Maybe it-was-but-i-didnt-saw, anyway

fastsync dont work with multiple cameras! only sync

A door is a door is a door. Even a swinging one. =0
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2008 02:51
Some great feedback here, thanks guys. When I have finished off a few other bits this week, I will get stuck into your ideas (providing they are not too ambitious). Been finishing off the help a little more in the backgroud and will start more serious chunks of work this weekend and beyond.

"Small, smart and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom coders aren't extinct after all "
pcRaider
Years of Service
User Offline
hi, lee.
Can you add you to New help file?
You add inside information of Limb hierarchy of "PERFORM CHECKLIST FOR OBJECT LIMBS".
The contents which a checklist means:
(CHECKLIST VALUE A(), CHECKLIST VALUE B(), CHECKLIST VALUE C(), CHECKLIST VALUE D())
mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2008 10:38
Anybody can tell me, fastsync works with multiple cameras or not?
(I have latest beta update, and its not work.)

PLUS I had strange bug with creating object - compiler says that object already exists, all 65536! Downgrading to 6.8 fixes all 2 problems.
7.0 and 6.9

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2008 23:06
I don't think dbpro is limited to 65536 objects, but who needs more anyway.
Anyway, try make a search for available object id like so:

Also I only use fastsync if I want to update a single camera:
sync mask 2^1 : fastsync (for camera 1)

I thought this was what it was made for.

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2008 23:24 Edited at: 1st Oct 2008 23:39
Lee is it possible to have the old pick object code put back into the help files as the new one seam to do every in the opposite direction with the mouse, eg you move the mouse down the object goes up!, in the old one, it would have followed the mouse in the direction you move it.

edit

just ran the newsletter demo when it gets to the -1 bitmap it shouts error 1001, so does beta 4 do it?

anyone getting this?

edit 2
was thnking could we have away of selecting which part of a -1 bitmap area we send to the main screen and position, my thinking is for a screen full of images showing diffrent stages of and image say menu bar on menu bar off, glow, no glow and picking which bit to show, just a thought.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
tindex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2008 03:20 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2008 03:22
With the latest beta version, I don't get the new help. What I get is attached. I am using Vista.

Attachments

mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2008 09:05
@Lukas W

Sorry, but first method i've tried already, and it doesn't work. Maybe it's temp. bug or smth.
And fastsync didn't worked in Evolved's deferred shading!

BillR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2008 11:26
I see the ODE commands are highlighted now in the editor, but I don't see the help file for each command.

If they are not completed yet, I hope they will still be included in 7.0.
I would love for ODE physics to finally be supported in the help files.
RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2008 03:21 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2008 03:46
ok im getting a really sttrange bug. Whenever i run an App as fullscreen 1680x1050x32 and exit it my Desktop Resolution is 800x600. i can change it back of course but its annoying and strange.
its only since i use 7.0beta4
a workaround is to use this:
if EscapeKey() Then Set Display Mode Screen Width(),Screen height(),Screen Depth() : End
but it only works if it doesnt crash (and Disable EscapeKey of course...)

and i gave others this executable for testing, but in 1024x768 or 1280x1024 and they had no problem.

EDIT: it happened again although i added that Code and exited via Escapekey AND i cant change it bakck in any way, gonna have to log out or restart...
I got Vista 32-bit and ATI Catalyst 8.9 (which can not change resolution now )

JosephB
Years of Service
User Offline
I upgraded to Beta 7.4, but the "Set Current Bitmap -1" does not work--receive a bitmap does not exist error. I am following the example in the latest newsletter. Also, the help file does not appear to be current as the help states the range for numbers should be 0 to 32 for bitmaps. The help file also has several explanation marks--missing images that are selected by the mouse--as shown in the attached image.

Attachments

kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2008 18:06 Edited at: 15th Oct 2008 23:16
Im not sure if this is a bug, but when i set the display mode and call 'd3d_init' and 'dxs initialize' none of those plugins initialize. Im using DBPro 7.0 Beta 4 and latest versions of D3DFunc and AdvancedSPRITES (downloaded and reinstalled latest updates earlier to make sure).

EDIT: ive made a few demos and they all work how they should. Obviously, there is a problem with my code somewhere.

EDIT (again) : Found the problem. I can get AdvancedSPRITES working if i dont initialize d3d_func. If i initialize d3d_func none of them work.

Games, Code, 3D Models and more! [href="www.turbodog.co.uk/forum"]click here[/href]
Alfa x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2008 03:42 Edited at: 6th Oct 2008 03:43
I ahve a big big request for version 7.0.

Hi,
I have a BIG, BIG request.
We are develping an RTS game in COlombia with darkbasic, but we have found a major constraint on the speed at wich darkbasic can run animations.

There is a big difference also when you run the animation and when you dont run any animation. like 1:4.

Is there also a method that you can implement that objects are less heavy for darkbasic so they can run faster even without animations?.
"Instance objects" is an option. But when you clone objects it's heavier, there is a way TGC can optmize that?.

Im know im asking for much (we are feeling in a bottleneck).

Thank you very much.
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2008 17:56
How many objects are being animated at once on screen?

Alfa x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 22:12
With 4-8 players in the game,
the object number in a RTS game can go to like 200 hundred on screen to 300 hundred, and like 800 or more in total...
In addition:
You have to add to this things like trees, lakes, terrain, music, FX, lasers and so on, and Network gaming. Things that make an RTS project a challange, from every perspective you see it. So objects animated and no animated should run as fast as possible to ensure other aspects of the game have room for running in the game.
Alfa x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 22:12 Edited at: 7th Oct 2008 22:13
Duplicated
Visioneer
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there an official launch date for Upgrade 7 final yet?
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2008 19:01
@Alfa x,

I'm no expert, but just a few thoughts off the top of my head.

- Set up a few levels of detail for the animations.

- Maybe 2, 5, and 10 frames. When a player zooms out to see more area, reduce the animation detail to the 5 frame version, then out to the 2 frame version as they zoom out more. As they zoom in they will see fewer units, so you can bring it back to the 10 frame version.

- You can also use this technique when things get to crowded. Drop the animation detail level down a notch when the number of units on screen reaches a certain threshold.

I don't know if you are already doing this or not, but it also seems to be more efficient to control the animations of things in your own code, rather than use the LOOP or PLAY commands. SET OBJECT FRAME gives you much more control.

Hope that helps at least a little, or gives you a few more ideas.

Omen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2008 04:11
More information on "Error: Runtime Error 1513 - Display cannot be created due to insufficient video memory at line 0"

I've been pairing down my code and believe I've found the cause:

SET GLOBAL OBJECT CREATION 1

Using this command under version 7.0 beta 4 causes the memory corruption. I was able to use this command without this problem in version 6.9.

Although this gave me about between 5% and 15% boost in FPS on the 3 ATI cards I'm using for testing, simply taking the command out resolves the issue for all the cards (but I lose that little performance boost).

Omen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2008 04:22
OK, new issue

The latest version of fastbone.fx (1.13) under version 7.0 beta 4 does not correctly take into account the rotational transformations of the object to which it is applied.

In other words, when I rotate an object, the "lit side" of the object rotates with the object.

Here's code that demonstrates the problem with the attached media required to replicate it.

What you are seeing:

The cube on the right is a "control" object for comparison.

The 2 spheres on the left are the Skin & Bones DirectX model (a simple model with a single joint). As the spheres rotate, the light should stay on the left hand side of the object such that you should never see the fully-lit faces since the position of the light and camera are not changing -- but it doesn't, the "lit" side rotates around with the sphere.

Attachments

Omen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2008 04:27
@Alfa x:

You could try using a shader to do the vertex animation for you - offloading the animation to the GPU. For example, fastbone.fx that's included with FPS Creator (and I believe is also included with DarkGDK) is a good starting-point.

BillR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2008 13:21
I see the ODE commands are highlighted now in the editor, but I don't see the help file for each command.

If they are not completed yet, I hope they will still be included in 7.0.
I would love for ODE physics to finally be supported in the help files.

Has the ODE opposite rotation problem been fixed in 7.0?
Alfa x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2008 14:17
@ Omen and KISTech: Thanks for the info, I'm trying some those aproches and it seems they increased a lot performance. However, a improvement in object handling in Darkbasic it's a feature that should be good to include (if it is posible), since the power to do more complex things is boosted, and the aplications that could be done in DBPRO are going to be more,and easier to create.

To not make noise here, i have started a thread on this in the DPRO discussion board.
Sinani201
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 03:00
Can someone post the help files? Just the help files, and nothing else. I am thinking of making a version of these for DBC, but I want to see what they look like. I can't download them in the first post, because I don't have DBPro installed on my computer.

"I reveal my trap card, GEORGE DUBYA BUSH!
America loses 2000 Life Points! America loses." -Deucalion2
Serge Adjo
Years of Service
User Offline
hi ! I'm getting problems with the help files "The help file has several explanation marks--missing images that are selected by the mouse--as shown in the attached image." dunno why ?

if you call me an idiot/retard again, ill stick my finger in your mouth, and [B]i have a really dirty finger[/B], you don't want it in there! -an anonymous &really dirty fingered one!( ROFL!)-
Garzu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 22:02
They are available in earlier beta's, but not in the latest. I assume that they will be in the final one

JoelJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2008 08:19 Edited at: 13th Oct 2008 08:20
Yay, thanks for the help update. Much appreciated..

one thing, however. I'm getting broken images at the top of the help file... no biggie, but might as well fix it, eh?

anyone else getting that?

I'm using Vista Business 32bit

Sorry if this was already posted, I didn't want to read all four pages

IntelCore2Duo@2.60GHz-4GB RAM-NVIDIA Quadro FX 570M-Windows Vista Business 32bit

Attachments

Garzu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2008 11:50
in the post just before yours was a reply to the same question!

the files were missed from the last beta, they were in a previous one..

I have attached them, unzip to help/gfx

Attachments

JosephB
Years of Service
User Offline
@Garzu

Thanks for the file with the images.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2008 00:44
Hi Guys,

New BETA5 uploaded. More info at the start of the thread, and replies to your feedback below. I am looking to seal up this version and start quite quickly with a U71 which will add your feature requests that could not make it into U70. The U71 will also be the place where you willfind the commands worked on and suggested at the TGC CON event, so let me know if this BETA5 has any show stoppers and we can look to make this public soon.

CuCuMBeR : Send me code in as few lines as possible with no media showing the fog vs particles bug you refer to

pcRaider : SAVE ICON FROM IMAGE discontinued.

Ian G : FASTSYNC is not designed for updating animations, you must use SYNC once per cycle ideally for this

pcRaider & WindowsKiller : I am uneasy in changing such fundamental statements such as IF THEN ELSE however we can look at it once U70 is released during the U71 version if you like. Email me directly.

HowDo : Send me your Truespace 7.6 model that does not load in U70 BETA.

Towfieee & Airslide : If you are using Vista make sure you installed and use DBP in Administrator mode with UAC switched off at your own risk. Also ensure there are no programs that may interfere with the creation, modification or removal of files in the system (such as an anti-virus checker).

pcRaider: Works fine here with corrected source code:

autocam on:backdrop on
make matrix 1,4000,4000,100,100
set matrix height 1,50,50,500
update matrix 1
position camera 0,0,500,500
point camera 0,2000,0,2000
make camera 1
position camera 1,0,500,500
point camera 1,2000,0,2000
set camera view 1,10,10,100,100
while mouseclick()<>1
if inkey$()="z" then set current camera 0 : c=0
if inkey$()="x" then set current camera 1 : c=1
control camera using arrowkeys c,1,1
endwhile
while mouseclick()=1 : endwhile
delete matrix 1:autocam off:backdrop off
end

TinTin : No new features are going into U70 but I can add you the full range of window styles for U71, just remind me when BETA starts.

Random color object & Lukas W : This is an old problem with the original editor. We are working on a new interface for DBPro as I type this!

WindowsKiller & kaedroho & Alfa x : We can look at feature requests in a future version. U70 is more a stability and new help version than anything else. Performance results will change from version to version as functionality shifts and is appended. Something to bear in mind as features are added. Don't worry about speed changes at the very high FPS end, as the difference between 800 and 700 fps is extremely slight. If performance is a factor, find the version you are most comfortable with and stick with that for your project. Features often introduce new performance deltas!

mrHandy : Please provide a small source code program with no media that shows how you are not getting multiple cameras to render with FASTSYNC. Bear in mind you need at least ONE SYNC command in your loop for ideal running. Evolved's code relied on old functionality which was performance hungry, and has since been fixed. You need SYNC at some point in your main cycle!

HowDo : The PICK commands work as they ought to, and previous functionality was probably due to a bug that has since been fixed. See the Basic3D example in the new help system on how to use the PICK commands properly. Also the bitmap -1 feature is only available with the new BETA version, not BETA4.

BillR : ODE is not an official plugin, merely a helper command set for the running of the FPS Creator source code. We added KEYWORD texts so you could identify the commands easier, but is not subject to bug fixes at the same rate as the official commands.

RedFlames : DBPro was not designed for Windows Vista and shifting resolution in full screen mode may have these kind of results. Best to run in one of the windows modes so the Vista operating system does not have to be hit with exclusive locking.

JosephB : Is fixed in the current BETA.

kaedroho : d3d_init is not part of the U70 BETA test. Contain the author for advice on this issue

Omen : This is most likely a combination of your system settings and an ATI driver issue. I have had no other reports of this issue, or anything simular. If anyone has seen this as well, post here. Email me direct and I will run through some specific tests with you. You also need to provide a password for the zip file: GameFXLOD2.zip. Also, your FASTBONE.FX is wrong and should also multiply the final normal with the World matrix of the object for your particular use of the shader.

"Small, smart and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom coders aren't extinct after all "
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2008 02:32
Quote: "Towfieee & Airslide : If you are using Vista make sure you installed and use DBP in Administrator mode with UAC switched off at your own risk. Also ensure there are no programs that may interfere with the creation, modification or removal of files in the system (such as an anti-virus checker)."

I am administrator and UAC is off, however that wasn't the issue. Apparently an update to OneCare broke DBP, FPSC, and a number of other programs, however it has since been sorted out apparently.

General Reed
Years of Service
User Offline
Sounds good lee.
However, I beleive darkcoder sent you an example program, showing clipping problems with shaded objects. Ive found this problem aswell, Clipping does not work as it should, on objects that have an effect applied to them. This needs to be fixed.

-General Reed

CPU: AMD X2 6000+ 3.0ghz GFX: NVIDIA BFG Geforce 8800GTS 640MB OC-550mhz core RAM: 2048mb

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 00:03:31
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 00:03:31